Another setback with my Jeep

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Another setback with my Jeep

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Bah, things just seem to be getting worse. First the Udoo doesn’t work, the screen looks terrible and now my CANBus adapter. My Jeep (a 2011 Wrangler) doesn’t have an accessory line. The stock stereo uses the CANBus to trigger when it’s on and off. When I first replaced it I had to buy a CANBus adapter that would add an accessory line. I used that line to power my amps and now it’s broken.
    For now, if I want music I need to manually connect the amp’s remote turn on wire to a constant source of power, quite annoying.
    I just can’t seem to win.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Bummer..

I have realized to do it right you need a good quality screen.. along with that a good quality Android product..

What about the Xenarc Screen reviewed on MP3car? also the Odroid for the android solution.. Or maybe something else..

but by the time you get done spending money there you could find an Android Car solution that you can integrate your stuff into..

I will say I like the NU3001 ( they have a all in one solution now) but it works fine.. once I can figure out why the one intent quit working it will be a nice solution..
    Well I also need to figure out the HDTuner, why it is loud then quiet and get rid of the noise from it..

So I would suggestion buying an android unit and just using that to connect to a Due..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m thinking a NU3001 might be the way to go, but I can’t quite afford one right now.
    Have you tried grounding the audio line in the HD Tuner to improve the sound quality?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes audio is grounded on both my tuners.. Sound is fine just a low volume.. If the car sits for a few days the sound comes back.. I have the new booster to try too.. need to test it out

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Bah, things just seem to be getting worse. First the Udoo doesn’t work, the screen looks terrible and now my CANBus adapter. My Jeep (a 2011 Wrangler) doesn’t have an accessory line. The stock stereo uses the CANBus to trigger when it’s on and off. When I first replaced it I had to buy a CANBus adapter that would add an accessory line. I used that line to power my amps and now it’s broken.
    For now, if I want music I need to manually connect the amp’s remote turn on wire to a constant source of power, quite annoying.
    I just can’t seem to win.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Bummer..

I have realized to do it right you need a good quality screen.. along with that a good quality Android product..

What about the Xenarc Screen reviewed on MP3car? also the Odroid for the android solution.. Or maybe something else..

but by the time you get done spending money there you could find an Android Car solution that you can integrate your stuff into..

I will say I like the NU3001 ( they have a all in one solution now) but it works fine.. once I can figure out why the one intent quit working it will be a nice solution..
    Well I also need to figure out the HDTuner, why it is loud then quiet and get rid of the noise from it..

So I would suggestion buying an android unit and just using that to connect to a Due..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m thinking a NU3001 might be the way to go, but I can’t quite afford one right now.
    Have you tried grounding the audio line in the HD Tuner to improve the sound quality?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes audio is grounded on both my tuners.. Sound is fine just a low volume.. If the car sits for a few days the sound comes back.. I have the new booster to try too.. need to test it out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.