Background

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Background

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

Hi Eric,

For unpaid version, can i change background?

Because i can’t on udoo and nexus 5 phone.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

All version are the same right now.  The only one that’s different is the nightly, it has the newest features and bugs.

Are you trying to use a picture or change the colors?  I just tried both on my Nexus 7 and they both worked without issue.

idorel77
    Participant

I tried doth. I have stable version on both.

On udoo – android 4.4.2 and on nexus – Android 6.0

I will try again .

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

With the color chooser, you need to make sure you not only select the color from the middle area, but the opacity from the right most slider.  On the left you’ll see the two color boxes, the top one is what was, the the bottom is what is.

I just tried on a 4.4.4 device and everything works there too.

I don’t have any 6.0 devices yet.  So I can’t test.  I expect lots of things to not work with the new permission model.

Maybe try clicking “Reset background to default” and try again?

idorel77
    Participant

Hi Eric,

is working on udoo and on nexus phone.

For change the colors , on udoo did not see the arrow in the right side. And on nexus is a mess , beacause of density i think.

I will post some pic.

Can you make the skin more flexibile? i mean , to bee the same on all resolutions and density.

For ex in my car , the buttons, text … is to small, is hard to read on screen , the playlist ….

On my phone the buttons is too big i can’t use your app.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m glad it’s working.

For your UDOO, this isn’t the fix I’d like to offer, but it will work.  Get a program called Resolution Changer and set it to 1280×800 with a dpi of 213.

As for the Nexus, I never designed the program for a smaller 5″ screen.

I would like to fix the theme for better fit more devices, and I will eventually.  Right now I’m spending the majority of my time working on the Arduino integration with the shield and such.

I will setup an emulator with a smaller device and see if I can make some simple changes to help.

Hopefully that will get you going 😉

idorel77
    Participant

The phone is just for testing, just for see the difference, was just an ideea.

I have resolution 1280×800 on udoo, i don’t know the dpi, but i know i was trying one time and i never have the same fit as you are.

I was thinking is something to do, like the other app are , different display , resolution, dpi but the application fit the same.

Is just an ideea , not only  for me but for other with different display, resolution, dpi…. i think you make this hard work not only for nexus tablet since you want to sell it.

I’m trying to make your app default in my car, i like it , have huge potential but for now small things makes the difference….

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I completely agree with you.  The small things do make big differences.

I have made some changes to help fit better on other screens, but without having those devices, or knowing the resolution and dpi of each one, it’s very difficult to test.  That’s one of the major problems with Android, the vast number of devices.

I have my UDOO and I’ve set the resolution and dpi to what I said above and it looks great.  When it comes time to work on the theme some more, I’m going to work hard on making it fit on more devices.  It’s just an overwhelming job to take on.

idorel77
    Participant

I will change the dpi as you said.

I’m not a programmer , but i was thinking is some tricks to do that.

idorel77
    Participant

Hi ,

maximum dpi i can set is 190 , over this i don’t have navigation bar. And is imposibile to go back from another app.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Which screen do you have? And what is the native resolution and DPI?  I can try setting my screen to that settings and make it work better.

I remember now with my Udoo, if I set the DPI to 216 the navigation bar would disappear, but 213 and things looked they way they should.

idorel77
    Participant

The default rezolution is 1280×800 . The dpi i don’t know.

This is my display.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2AV-Remote-Lcd-controller-Board-7inch-1280-800-N070ICG-LD1-IPS-LCD-/181145243253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2d190e75

P.S. did you recived my private message?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

If you open the resolution changer program I linked above it will tell you the resolution and dpi that your device is set to.  If you can get that info that would be great.

And yes, I did get your PM

• Author
    idorel77
    Participant

Hi Eric,

For unpaid version, can i change background?

Because i can’t on udoo and nexus 5 phone.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

All version are the same right now.  The only one that’s different is the nightly, it has the newest features and bugs.

Are you trying to use a picture or change the colors?  I just tried both on my Nexus 7 and they both worked without issue.

idorel77
    Participant

I tried doth. I have stable version on both.

On udoo – android 4.4.2 and on nexus – Android 6.0

I will try again .

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

With the color chooser, you need to make sure you not only select the color from the middle area, but the opacity from the right most slider.  On the left you’ll see the two color boxes, the top one is what was, the the bottom is what is.

I just tried on a 4.4.4 device and everything works there too.

I don’t have any 6.0 devices yet.  So I can’t test.  I expect lots of things to not work with the new permission model.

Maybe try clicking “Reset background to default” and try again?

idorel77
    Participant

Hi Eric,

is working on udoo and on nexus phone.

For change the colors , on udoo did not see the arrow in the right side. And on nexus is a mess , beacause of density i think.

I will post some pic.

Can you make the skin more flexibile? i mean , to bee the same on all resolutions and density.

For ex in my car , the buttons, text … is to small, is hard to read on screen , the playlist ….

On my phone the buttons is too big i can’t use your app.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m glad it’s working.

For your UDOO, this isn’t the fix I’d like to offer, but it will work.  Get a program called Resolution Changer and set it to 1280×800 with a dpi of 213.

As for the Nexus, I never designed the program for a smaller 5″ screen.

I would like to fix the theme for better fit more devices, and I will eventually.  Right now I’m spending the majority of my time working on the Arduino integration with the shield and such.

I will setup an emulator with a smaller device and see if I can make some simple changes to help.

Hopefully that will get you going 😉

idorel77
    Participant

The phone is just for testing, just for see the difference, was just an ideea.

I have resolution 1280×800 on udoo, i don’t know the dpi, but i know i was trying one time and i never have the same fit as you are.

I was thinking is something to do, like the other app are , different display , resolution, dpi but the application fit the same.

Is just an ideea , not only  for me but for other with different display, resolution, dpi…. i think you make this hard work not only for nexus tablet since you want to sell it.

I’m trying to make your app default in my car, i like it , have huge potential but for now small things makes the difference….

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I completely agree with you.  The small things do make big differences.

I have made some changes to help fit better on other screens, but without having those devices, or knowing the resolution and dpi of each one, it’s very difficult to test.  That’s one of the major problems with Android, the vast number of devices.

I have my UDOO and I’ve set the resolution and dpi to what I said above and it looks great.  When it comes time to work on the theme some more, I’m going to work hard on making it fit on more devices.  It’s just an overwhelming job to take on.

idorel77
    Participant

I will change the dpi as you said.

I’m not a programmer , but i was thinking is some tricks to do that.

idorel77
    Participant

Hi ,

maximum dpi i can set is 190 , over this i don’t have navigation bar. And is imposibile to go back from another app.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Which screen do you have? And what is the native resolution and DPI?  I can try setting my screen to that settings and make it work better.

I remember now with my Udoo, if I set the DPI to 216 the navigation bar would disappear, but 213 and things looked they way they should.

idorel77
    Participant

The default rezolution is 1280×800 . The dpi i don’t know.

This is my display.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2AV-Remote-Lcd-controller-Board-7inch-1280-800-N070ICG-LD1-IPS-LCD-/181145243253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2d190e75

P.S. did you recived my private message?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

If you open the resolution changer program I linked above it will tell you the resolution and dpi that your device is set to.  If you can get that info that would be great.

And yes, I did get your PM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.