Borders around the buttons

Home Forums Software Suggestions Borders around the buttons

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I received a request to be able to have borders around all of the buttons, making them easier to see.

If you go to Settings/Appearance/Home Screen, there is a new toggle, called Button Borders.  If you turn it on the borders will appear on all of the buttons.  Currently they use the selected “Highlight Color” chosen in Settings/Appearance.

The latest nightly build has these options.  If you try them, let me know what you think.

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

Hi,

it is better but i can notice 2 bugs. When turn on the button borders , all icons from home screens is not centred and the borders not fit on buttons with round corners.

idorel77
    Participant

and something activate and deactivate mute button , is in loop and very fast, and crash the os.

I try it on 2 systems.

L.E. when i press the volume up 2 times , the volume go up and down (loop) without do anything.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Rounded corners is going to be much more difficult, if it’s even possible.  I started with the square, with the intention of doing what I can to round them later on.

Everything looks centered to me.  Can you provide a screenshot so I can see what’s off on your display?

The mute button.  Are you trying on your UDOO?  If yes, then you’ll need to update your Arduoino firmware.  I’ll put up a Nightly firmware, it’s incomplete and full of bugs too 😉  Otherwise I’ll see if I can reproduce and fix this.

Also ensure that in Settings/Arduino/Setup Shield/Shield Capabilities that Audio is Off.  If it’s on, and after you turn it off, comes on again, then there may be another issue I’ll need to find.

idorel77
    Participant

I don’t instaled Arduino firmware. Shuld i ? I don’t have any sensor. On stable version i don’t have that problem with volume.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

If you haven’t installed the Arduino firmware, and you don’t need it, then don’t. There is a bug somewhere I need to squash.
    The nightly builds have a lot changed with the volume control as it’s the start of support for the shield.
    I’ll look into it, and hopefully have a new one tonight.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Do the icons go back to normal if you turn the borders off?

idorel77
    Participant

yes.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been able to reproduce the problem. It’s an older Android, version 4, issue. I will find a fix and include it in the next nightly.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, icon spacing is fixed.  Next I work on the volume problem.  I’ve been able to get similar results in my emulator.  My physical device doesn’t show any symptoms, so I’m not sure yet.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I received a request to be able to have borders around all of the buttons, making them easier to see.

If you go to Settings/Appearance/Home Screen, there is a new toggle, called Button Borders.  If you turn it on the borders will appear on all of the buttons.  Currently they use the selected “Highlight Color” chosen in Settings/Appearance.

The latest nightly build has these options.  If you try them, let me know what you think.

idorel77
    Participant

Hi,

it is better but i can notice 2 bugs. When turn on the button borders , all icons from home screens is not centred and the borders not fit on buttons with round corners.

idorel77
    Participant

and something activate and deactivate mute button , is in loop and very fast, and crash the os.

I try it on 2 systems.

L.E. when i press the volume up 2 times , the volume go up and down (loop) without do anything.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Rounded corners is going to be much more difficult, if it’s even possible.  I started with the square, with the intention of doing what I can to round them later on.

Everything looks centered to me.  Can you provide a screenshot so I can see what’s off on your display?

The mute button.  Are you trying on your UDOO?  If yes, then you’ll need to update your Arduoino firmware.  I’ll put up a Nightly firmware, it’s incomplete and full of bugs too 😉  Otherwise I’ll see if I can reproduce and fix this.

Also ensure that in Settings/Arduino/Setup Shield/Shield Capabilities that Audio is Off.  If it’s on, and after you turn it off, comes on again, then there may be another issue I’ll need to find.

idorel77
    Participant

I don’t instaled Arduino firmware. Shuld i ? I don’t have any sensor. On stable version i don’t have that problem with volume.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

If you haven’t installed the Arduino firmware, and you don’t need it, then don’t. There is a bug somewhere I need to squash.
    The nightly builds have a lot changed with the volume control as it’s the start of support for the shield.
    I’ll look into it, and hopefully have a new one tonight.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Do the icons go back to normal if you turn the borders off?

idorel77
    Participant

yes.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been able to reproduce the problem. It’s an older Android, version 4, issue. I will find a fix and include it in the next nightly.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, icon spacing is fixed.  Next I work on the volume problem.  I’ve been able to get similar results in my emulator.  My physical device doesn’t show any symptoms, so I’m not sure yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.