Bug with Play Pause button

Home Forums Software Bug Reports Bug with Play Pause button

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dmh dmh 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey everybody

I see a few people are occasionally having a crash when pressing the Play/Pause button in the top header bar.  I have been unsuccessful in reproducing this crash.  If anybody here can help reproduce the steps it would be a great help.

I believe @dmh is one of those users, but I don’t know for sure.

Thanks guys

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I’m part of the research! Cool! 😀

I haven’t played with it in about a week (other than allowing updates) if that helps. I’ll start messing with it now and see if I have any problems.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Maybe it wasn’t you then 😉

Either way, any time the app crashes I get a report and use that to help fix issues.  So in a way you’re all part of the research 😀

Sometimes bugs like this happen and I just reproduce them, those ones are tough to fix if you can’t find the issue.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Only thing I noticed is with Pandora playing in the background, the play/pause button doesn’t pause Pandora. It resumes a song I was playing from my Music (on the sd card). Both of them play at the same time when clicked. Mute on the top and the volume bar at the bottom seem to control pandora without a problem.

Let me know if you need anything more specific or if there’s anything you want me to try. I’ll be happy to help.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah that’s currently how it works.  I’m looking into being able to control other media players like Pandora.  It’s really up to them if they follow Google’s guidelines if it works or not.

The problem was that the play button would actually crash AutoSense, but I don’t know why.

On the list of things to do (if companies are willing to cooperate) is to include things like Pandora directly within AutoSense so you don’t need an additional app.  I’ve tried with Spotify, but they’re license says I can’t do it 🙁

Which device are you using again?  Did you have the Android stick?

Thanks for the help, it’s appreciated.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Yes a Rikomagic MK802IIIs stick (without bluetooth) running 4.2.2.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey everybody

I see a few people are occasionally having a crash when pressing the Play/Pause button in the top header bar.  I have been unsuccessful in reproducing this crash.  If anybody here can help reproduce the steps it would be a great help.

I believe @dmh is one of those users, but I don’t know for sure.

Thanks guys

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I’m part of the research! Cool! 😀

I haven’t played with it in about a week (other than allowing updates) if that helps. I’ll start messing with it now and see if I have any problems.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Maybe it wasn’t you then 😉

Either way, any time the app crashes I get a report and use that to help fix issues.  So in a way you’re all part of the research 😀

Sometimes bugs like this happen and I just reproduce them, those ones are tough to fix if you can’t find the issue.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Only thing I noticed is with Pandora playing in the background, the play/pause button doesn’t pause Pandora. It resumes a song I was playing from my Music (on the sd card). Both of them play at the same time when clicked. Mute on the top and the volume bar at the bottom seem to control pandora without a problem.

Let me know if you need anything more specific or if there’s anything you want me to try. I’ll be happy to help.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah that’s currently how it works.  I’m looking into being able to control other media players like Pandora.  It’s really up to them if they follow Google’s guidelines if it works or not.

The problem was that the play button would actually crash AutoSense, but I don’t know why.

On the list of things to do (if companies are willing to cooperate) is to include things like Pandora directly within AutoSense so you don’t need an additional app.  I’ve tried with Spotify, but they’re license says I can’t do it 🙁

Which device are you using again?  Did you have the Android stick?

Thanks for the help, it’s appreciated.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Yes a Rikomagic MK802IIIs stick (without bluetooth) running 4.2.2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.