Built My Shield

Home Forums Hardware AutoSense Shield Built My Shield

This topic contains 136 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Something in your reply got me thinking..

Steps:

• User pressed HD Tuner button
    • Audio source changes
    • HD tuner Power on Command

What if there is NO AUDIO to switch? doe sit know to ignore it? or could that be an area to check,

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you mean by that?

There are different controllers for each source.  So there is an “Internal Audio” controller that takes care of the music and showing that info, and an “HD Radio” controller that has the same responsibilities, but for the radio instead of mp3s.

Basically switching sources is a delegation change.  If a shield is attached, it switches the input too if applicable.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Was  ea t as a logic trail.  I have dpne stuff in the past whsre something else is supposed to  occur when it does not it causes othe issues.  I sure you  will find nd the audio issue once you can reproduce it

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Haha, I’m not sure that is entirely english you’ve got there Jeff 😉

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Stupid Phone.. it was late..

I will wait until you get your set-up tested. Another thing I noticed, in your earlier response you stated a 20K from pin 4 to ground, yet my email notification states 10K.. I tried 20K which should I have tried?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Okay I see your reply regarding the 10K resistor to pin 4.. I will try that next (originally tried 20K)

I posted right after stating the resistor did not work, but I did a 20K not 10K

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I read on another website they said 20k.  I measure myself and got 12k.  If it needs a signal to ground through a resistor, stronger should work, but weaker may not, thus the 10k.

I also noticed that in the commands is a mute command, I’m thinking in the Setup button, having volume and mute settings.  Things you can set once, and I’ll make sure happen on boot.  Maybe that is the missing link?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes, I think that will be nice.. the volume in the set-up will be great to help level match to other sources.. I found that to be an issue with the tuner in my NU3001 and any player through android. I doubt i will have time tonight but would like to try the 10K.. curious now

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

it is ~5pm Central time

You might see a bunch of crash reports from you nightly..

-Presets state they save but don’t display, my old presets prior to your update (nov 30th nightly) work.. new ones crash the program

– The 10K resistor from pin 4 to ground does not work or help, check your command stack

-My garbled FM was a floating ground on the RCAs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu2o1n_ZWM

the tuning seem to work well. How will I know if I am on HD-1 or HD-2?

I see the volume slider sometimes moves to zero when Autosense crashes and does not move back until the tuner is detected again.

I have a pseudo-set-up for easier testing now too

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think I accidentally included some code for the seek display that has caused the crashes.  It wasn’t meant to be included, and has since been removed.

Did you re-save your presets?  The original release with presets enabled was missing an important piece of info when being saved.

HD-1 vs HD-2.  I don’t know.  I have no access to HD radio stations where I am, so it’s difficult to test, even harder when I don’t know the difference between them.

I’m not exactly sure about the slider, but when the shield is detected, the volume controller does it’s setup, deciding what to use for volume control (shield or internal audio).  There is still a few wonky things with the volume I’m working on.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Also, I’ve now hooked some speakers up to my radio.  I’ll fix this 😀

PS, thanks for the ground fix.  HUGE difference.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Interesting development.

If I use the stock controller and tune to a station everything works as expected.  If I unplug the controller everything keeps working.  I then plug in my cable and changing stations works, presets work etc.   looks like a software command is missing.  Time for the logic analyzer.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

GOT IT 😀

It does require an Arduino flash though.  As well as an AutoSense update.  I’ll get up tonight, hopefully with some other improvements and fixes.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

SWEET!!!

Yeah I thought I had 2 bad controllers, I added a wire internally for the ground. No worries on the flash, easy enough to do.

HD 1 vs HD2..

Example I tune into 97.9fm, there are HD channel 97.9-1 HD and 97.9-2 HD, most have the -1 ‘sub’ channel, some have -2 and -3. So I am thinking an HD indicator might be nice if it is an actual HD station, when development gets further along I can test the HD stations for you..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thankfully the pads inside the radio are nicely labeled, a quick jumper from audio ground to regular ground and fixed.

Ok, I’m sure there is something to show signal strength and HD or not.  I’ll keep working on the basics first and improving the core.

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Something in your reply got me thinking..

Steps:

• User pressed HD Tuner button
    • Audio source changes
    • HD tuner Power on Command

What if there is NO AUDIO to switch? doe sit know to ignore it? or could that be an area to check,

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you mean by that?

There are different controllers for each source.  So there is an “Internal Audio” controller that takes care of the music and showing that info, and an “HD Radio” controller that has the same responsibilities, but for the radio instead of mp3s.

Basically switching sources is a delegation change.  If a shield is attached, it switches the input too if applicable.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Was  ea t as a logic trail.  I have dpne stuff in the past whsre something else is supposed to  occur when it does not it causes othe issues.  I sure you  will find nd the audio issue once you can reproduce it

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Haha, I’m not sure that is entirely english you’ve got there Jeff 😉

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Stupid Phone.. it was late..

I will wait until you get your set-up tested. Another thing I noticed, in your earlier response you stated a 20K from pin 4 to ground, yet my email notification states 10K.. I tried 20K which should I have tried?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Okay I see your reply regarding the 10K resistor to pin 4.. I will try that next (originally tried 20K)

I posted right after stating the resistor did not work, but I did a 20K not 10K

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I read on another website they said 20k.  I measure myself and got 12k.  If it needs a signal to ground through a resistor, stronger should work, but weaker may not, thus the 10k.

I also noticed that in the commands is a mute command, I’m thinking in the Setup button, having volume and mute settings.  Things you can set once, and I’ll make sure happen on boot.  Maybe that is the missing link?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes, I think that will be nice.. the volume in the set-up will be great to help level match to other sources.. I found that to be an issue with the tuner in my NU3001 and any player through android. I doubt i will have time tonight but would like to try the 10K.. curious now

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

it is ~5pm Central time

You might see a bunch of crash reports from you nightly..

-Presets state they save but don’t display, my old presets prior to your update (nov 30th nightly) work.. new ones crash the program

– The 10K resistor from pin 4 to ground does not work or help, check your command stack

-My garbled FM was a floating ground on the RCAs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnu2o1n_ZWM

the tuning seem to work well. How will I know if I am on HD-1 or HD-2?

I see the volume slider sometimes moves to zero when Autosense crashes and does not move back until the tuner is detected again.

I have a pseudo-set-up for easier testing now too

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think I accidentally included some code for the seek display that has caused the crashes.  It wasn’t meant to be included, and has since been removed.

Did you re-save your presets?  The original release with presets enabled was missing an important piece of info when being saved.

HD-1 vs HD-2.  I don’t know.  I have no access to HD radio stations where I am, so it’s difficult to test, even harder when I don’t know the difference between them.

I’m not exactly sure about the slider, but when the shield is detected, the volume controller does it’s setup, deciding what to use for volume control (shield or internal audio).  There is still a few wonky things with the volume I’m working on.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Also, I’ve now hooked some speakers up to my radio.  I’ll fix this 😀

PS, thanks for the ground fix.  HUGE difference.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Interesting development.

If I use the stock controller and tune to a station everything works as expected.  If I unplug the controller everything keeps working.  I then plug in my cable and changing stations works, presets work etc.   looks like a software command is missing.  Time for the logic analyzer.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

GOT IT 😀

It does require an Arduino flash though.  As well as an AutoSense update.  I’ll get up tonight, hopefully with some other improvements and fixes.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

SWEET!!!

Yeah I thought I had 2 bad controllers, I added a wire internally for the ground. No worries on the flash, easy enough to do.

HD 1 vs HD2..

Example I tune into 97.9fm, there are HD channel 97.9-1 HD and 97.9-2 HD, most have the -1 ‘sub’ channel, some have -2 and -3. So I am thinking an HD indicator might be nice if it is an actual HD station, when development gets further along I can test the HD stations for you..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thankfully the pads inside the radio are nicely labeled, a quick jumper from audio ground to regular ground and fixed.

Ok, I’m sure there is something to show signal strength and HD or not.  I’ll keep working on the basics first and improving the core.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.