Built My Shield

Home Forums Hardware AutoSense Shield Built My Shield

This topic contains 136 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

and here I thought it was my power supply. So I think the tuner I sent you initially I think was the same thing.. LOL

Nice thing is I have 2 tuners one to mount in the car and one for debug..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah it was bad up until tonight when I saw that video and made the mod.  Now it seems to work great.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The new Arduino firmware is up.  I’m building the new nighly AutoSense as I type this, will be up soon.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I will try your latest builds tonight

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So some of my local radio stations are just started broadcasting in HD. I guess the new Canadian government finally allowed stations to broadcast in HD.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok.. Audio is fixed..  How do I turn it off again? I think it would be nice to have an On/Off button for the tuner. Also the RDS will stay displayed from the previous station when you change stations. even when I go home and back to the HD Tuner, the RDS info is from the previous station.

Question: Where does the RDS info come from in the top banner, That is incorrect after bein gin what I quite sure is an HD station, I seek or change presets (which work) and the text int he banner is still wrong.

When I hit the HD station, the text is shown in 2 spots (Banner) and just below ( assumption) so I think something needs to be cleared or such

Question 2: Does the set-up button do anything yet? i am guessing no

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

All of those are things I’m aware of and working on.

As of right now, the radio turns on when you press the HD Radio icon, and will turn off when you start playing music from within AutoSense.  I could add a power button somewhere, maybe from within setup or something…

RDS data feeds in when the station is tuned, and currently only changes when new data becomes available.  So it will retain the old info until overwritten.  I play on clearing the data when tuning is changed, just haven’t gotten there yet.

As for being displayed twice, it’s in the HD Tuner fragment as well as the top bar.  So if you go to the homescreen and such you still see the data.

Setup again doesn’t do anything yet.  It will have power up volume settings, as well as treble and bass, and other things if required.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool Deal. Just pointing out what I see.

Glad you are aware of the issues/ challenges. Sounds like you have good plan for updates..

I am happy to test changes, fixes etc

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m glad to have feedback.  I’ve fixed most of those issues tonight and made some other improvements.  Overall the radio seems to work well.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Per Wikipedia about one of my local stations “On October 13, 2015, CFMI-HD was launched as the first Canadian HD service west of Ontario”

Only problem is I can’t seem to pick up the HD format 🙁  Maybe I need a better antenna, and not just a piece of wire 😉

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Many improvements in tonights build.

• If you have the radio on it will be remembered next boot.  At first, before the Arduino and shield are recognized it will be internal audio, but when the shield is found it will switch to the radio and the station that was playing.
    • Seeking up and down clears the previous data, and the station text changes (could be better, still playing with it)
    • Signal strength meter (I know it’s not aligned properly… I can’t get it down 🙁 )
    • Volume on boot works much better now, it was hit and miss before and required a restart and crossed fingers
    • Lots of other cleanups too

Still to do:

• Setup button.  Make it do stuff like volume and treble/bass
    • Add more presets
    • Improve error recovery

You’ll need tonights Arduino firmware too, it includes new features.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Nice.. I will give it a try tonight

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

If you have the radio on it will be remembered next boot.  At first, before the Arduino and shield are recognized it will be internal audio, but when the shield is found it will switch to the radio and the station that was playing.

I cycled power on the Arduino/HD Tuner.. it stayed muted once Android Detects it. That said, I had the tuner going and tried launching Google Music, it kept crashing if launched form Autosense, was fine out side of autosense.

Seeking up and down clears the previous data, and the station text changes (could be better, still playing with it)

Nice job, I noticed the FM and strength come together on tune +/- Also the Top tuner info flashed as I pressed the tune +/-. I think there is something funky when you press Seek +/- but cannot confirm

Signal strength meter (I know it’s not aligned properly… I can’t get it down)

Looks good honestly, looks like it disappears if it switches to HD, that is when the station would be Sub -1 and then a tune up should allow Sub -2

Volume on boot works much better now, it was hit and miss before and required a restart and crossed fingers

Seems good

Lots of other cleanups too

COOL

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Google music was crashing or Autosense was crashing when launching Google music?

The AM/FM and signal strength currently stay right beside the station text, so when you change the station, the text is cleared and they move in.  I’ll look into keeping them apart, maybe not fully clearing the text or something..

I haven’t found the info on HD signal strength… I have the command, but without an HD station I can’t actually see the data, and there seems to be nothing about it anywhere else.  I’ll just have to play with it I guess.  Unless you have Logic Analyzer?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Google Music Crashed when trying to launch it from Autosense.. it is a modded ROM so it could be that.. Remember I am using my Tablet for testing. The FM and signal strength moving is fine..

Seek seems to skip stations, but could be my set-up

Negative on the logic analyzer and I am quite certain it is not something you can log back to Android easily or maybe log somewhere and get it through android? Basically it will swap from Analog FM to HD automatically.. I get a spanish station quite well in HD it tunes, then the Signal meter disappears and it is the best received signal. I could also hook up the OEM Controller to see what happens on the display

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

and here I thought it was my power supply. So I think the tuner I sent you initially I think was the same thing.. LOL

Nice thing is I have 2 tuners one to mount in the car and one for debug..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah it was bad up until tonight when I saw that video and made the mod.  Now it seems to work great.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The new Arduino firmware is up.  I’m building the new nighly AutoSense as I type this, will be up soon.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I will try your latest builds tonight

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So some of my local radio stations are just started broadcasting in HD. I guess the new Canadian government finally allowed stations to broadcast in HD.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok.. Audio is fixed..  How do I turn it off again? I think it would be nice to have an On/Off button for the tuner. Also the RDS will stay displayed from the previous station when you change stations. even when I go home and back to the HD Tuner, the RDS info is from the previous station.

Question: Where does the RDS info come from in the top banner, That is incorrect after bein gin what I quite sure is an HD station, I seek or change presets (which work) and the text int he banner is still wrong.

When I hit the HD station, the text is shown in 2 spots (Banner) and just below ( assumption) so I think something needs to be cleared or such

Question 2: Does the set-up button do anything yet? i am guessing no

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

All of those are things I’m aware of and working on.

As of right now, the radio turns on when you press the HD Radio icon, and will turn off when you start playing music from within AutoSense.  I could add a power button somewhere, maybe from within setup or something…

RDS data feeds in when the station is tuned, and currently only changes when new data becomes available.  So it will retain the old info until overwritten.  I play on clearing the data when tuning is changed, just haven’t gotten there yet.

As for being displayed twice, it’s in the HD Tuner fragment as well as the top bar.  So if you go to the homescreen and such you still see the data.

Setup again doesn’t do anything yet.  It will have power up volume settings, as well as treble and bass, and other things if required.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool Deal. Just pointing out what I see.

Glad you are aware of the issues/ challenges. Sounds like you have good plan for updates..

I am happy to test changes, fixes etc

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m glad to have feedback.  I’ve fixed most of those issues tonight and made some other improvements.  Overall the radio seems to work well.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Per Wikipedia about one of my local stations “On October 13, 2015, CFMI-HD was launched as the first Canadian HD service west of Ontario”

Only problem is I can’t seem to pick up the HD format 🙁  Maybe I need a better antenna, and not just a piece of wire 😉

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Many improvements in tonights build.

• If you have the radio on it will be remembered next boot.  At first, before the Arduino and shield are recognized it will be internal audio, but when the shield is found it will switch to the radio and the station that was playing.
    • Seeking up and down clears the previous data, and the station text changes (could be better, still playing with it)
    • Signal strength meter (I know it’s not aligned properly… I can’t get it down 🙁 )
    • Volume on boot works much better now, it was hit and miss before and required a restart and crossed fingers
    • Lots of other cleanups too

Still to do:

• Setup button.  Make it do stuff like volume and treble/bass
    • Add more presets
    • Improve error recovery

You’ll need tonights Arduino firmware too, it includes new features.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Nice.. I will give it a try tonight

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

If you have the radio on it will be remembered next boot.  At first, before the Arduino and shield are recognized it will be internal audio, but when the shield is found it will switch to the radio and the station that was playing.

I cycled power on the Arduino/HD Tuner.. it stayed muted once Android Detects it. That said, I had the tuner going and tried launching Google Music, it kept crashing if launched form Autosense, was fine out side of autosense.

Seeking up and down clears the previous data, and the station text changes (could be better, still playing with it)

Nice job, I noticed the FM and strength come together on tune +/- Also the Top tuner info flashed as I pressed the tune +/-. I think there is something funky when you press Seek +/- but cannot confirm

Signal strength meter (I know it’s not aligned properly… I can’t get it down)

Looks good honestly, looks like it disappears if it switches to HD, that is when the station would be Sub -1 and then a tune up should allow Sub -2

Volume on boot works much better now, it was hit and miss before and required a restart and crossed fingers

Seems good

Lots of other cleanups too

COOL

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Google music was crashing or Autosense was crashing when launching Google music?

The AM/FM and signal strength currently stay right beside the station text, so when you change the station, the text is cleared and they move in.  I’ll look into keeping them apart, maybe not fully clearing the text or something..

I haven’t found the info on HD signal strength… I have the command, but without an HD station I can’t actually see the data, and there seems to be nothing about it anywhere else.  I’ll just have to play with it I guess.  Unless you have Logic Analyzer?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Google Music Crashed when trying to launch it from Autosense.. it is a modded ROM so it could be that.. Remember I am using my Tablet for testing. The FM and signal strength moving is fine..

Seek seems to skip stations, but could be my set-up

Negative on the logic analyzer and I am quite certain it is not something you can log back to Android easily or maybe log somewhere and get it through android? Basically it will swap from Analog FM to HD automatically.. I get a spanish station quite well in HD it tunes, then the Signal meter disappears and it is the best received signal. I could also hook up the OEM Controller to see what happens on the display

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.