Features Id like to see….

Home Forums Software Suggestions Features Id like to see….

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davefraud davefraud 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davefraud
    davefraud
    Participant

first of all, thanks.

this frontend is really awesome!

I don’t know if its already planned but id like to see these features:

– equalizer embedded

– navigation embedded

– sms reading / vocal interaction

– possibility to different navigation engines

– obd2 functionality like torque pro app embedded

– bluetooth interaction with phone to use tablet as a speaker

– translation

…if a tester is needed and italian translator i’m here

again, thanks

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words Dave.
    As for your list, all of that is on the want list, and I’ll get there eventually, but right now it’s just me and I can only go so fast 😉
    -EQ – Would be nice, but it’s fairly low priority

-Navigation – Basic nav is already built in. I’ve found a new provider that offers turn by turn directions, but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

-SMS/Voice – Fairly high on the list. I need to figure out a way to connect to the phone. The only way I can do this right now is by using a helper app that runs on your phone. There is no API for the tablet to act like a proper Bluetooth headset or similar. So once I get there, it will start with Android only. Kinda disappointing with the limitations.

-If you have suggestions for the Nav engines, I’m all ears 🙂

-OBD2 is also fairly high on the list. I’m working hard to get the Shield working, which has the hardware already setup for OBD2.

– Bluetooth speaker is even less likely unless Google decides to open that ability 🙁

-Translation – If you want to translate into Italian that sounds great.  I can send you the text files and you can translate.

Thanks again,

Eric

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

Have you looked at Viper4Audio?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have not.  I will take a look.

davefraud
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    I understand and I appreciate your work! Keep doing ?
    For the navigation with turn by turn direction I think that “maps.me” and”here” and “copilot” are good choice…

Take a look at “tablet talk” apk. I never tested it, but developer say it can turn tablet into Bluetooth speaker.
    Please send me the text file and I’ll translate it.

Have a nice day.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll look into those options and see what I can find.

I’ve used tablettalk before, and last time I did it was texting only.  Somewhat useful, but still required the app to be installed on both sides, the same problem I’m facing.  If it can do bluetooth then there’s hope after all.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

unless something changed recently.. while HERE maps are good, you cannot access much of it in landscape, only portrait mode..

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

I use tablettalk now and it allows texting and for phone calls it allows you to dial/answer calls but it doesn’t handle any audio.  Integrated nav would be nice.  I use Waze most of the time and have a side button setup to launch it but having it all in Autosense would be nice.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I use tablettalk now and it allows texting and for phone calls it allows you to dial/answer calls but it doesn’t handle any audio.  Integrated nav would be nice.  I use Waze most of the time and have a side button setup to launch it but having it all in Autosense would be nice.

That’s what I remembered.  The SMS and phone dialling are pretty easy with a companion app.

Maps are difficult as most companies don’t provide an Android API, or any API for that matter.  A lot of them are wanting to keep them to themselves, or to have a monthly cost attached.  I have been on the hunt for a good, free service that offers turn by turn directions.  The Google Maps API is quite limited in it’s offerings.

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

I use waze also is very good app. i use it every day. :).

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah me too.  Waze is a really nice app.  I wish they had a public API to use… oh well.

On the plus side, davefraud has provided an Italian translation for AutoSense.  I’ve included it in tonights nightly.  I’m sure there will be some things that need tweaking, but it’s there, so thanks dave.

davefraud
    Participant

you’re welcome 😉

that_kid
    Participant

Oh that’s great, international status 🙂

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Now I’m going to be bugging @davefraud to be translating all the time 😉

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The other map provider I had found previously is http://developer.skobbler.com/

• Author
    davefraud
    Participant

first of all, thanks.

this frontend is really awesome!

I don’t know if its already planned but id like to see these features:

– equalizer embedded

– navigation embedded

– sms reading / vocal interaction

– possibility to different navigation engines

– obd2 functionality like torque pro app embedded

– bluetooth interaction with phone to use tablet as a speaker

– translation

…if a tester is needed and italian translator i’m here

again, thanks

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words Dave.
    As for your list, all of that is on the want list, and I’ll get there eventually, but right now it’s just me and I can only go so fast 😉
    -EQ – Would be nice, but it’s fairly low priority

-Navigation – Basic nav is already built in. I’ve found a new provider that offers turn by turn directions, but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

-SMS/Voice – Fairly high on the list. I need to figure out a way to connect to the phone. The only way I can do this right now is by using a helper app that runs on your phone. There is no API for the tablet to act like a proper Bluetooth headset or similar. So once I get there, it will start with Android only. Kinda disappointing with the limitations.

-If you have suggestions for the Nav engines, I’m all ears 🙂

-OBD2 is also fairly high on the list. I’m working hard to get the Shield working, which has the hardware already setup for OBD2.

– Bluetooth speaker is even less likely unless Google decides to open that ability 🙁

-Translation – If you want to translate into Italian that sounds great.  I can send you the text files and you can translate.

Thanks again,

Eric

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

Have you looked at Viper4Audio?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have not.  I will take a look.

davefraud
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    I understand and I appreciate your work! Keep doing ?
    For the navigation with turn by turn direction I think that “maps.me” and”here” and “copilot” are good choice…

Take a look at “tablet talk” apk. I never tested it, but developer say it can turn tablet into Bluetooth speaker.
    Please send me the text file and I’ll translate it.

Have a nice day.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll look into those options and see what I can find.

I’ve used tablettalk before, and last time I did it was texting only.  Somewhat useful, but still required the app to be installed on both sides, the same problem I’m facing.  If it can do bluetooth then there’s hope after all.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

unless something changed recently.. while HERE maps are good, you cannot access much of it in landscape, only portrait mode..

that_kid
    Participant

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s what I remembered.  The SMS and phone dialling are pretty easy with a companion app.

Maps are difficult as most companies don’t provide an Android API, or any API for that matter.  A lot of them are wanting to keep them to themselves, or to have a monthly cost attached.  I have been on the hunt for a good, free service that offers turn by turn directions.  The Google Maps API is quite limited in it’s offerings.

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

I use waze also is very good app. i use it every day. :).

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah me too.  Waze is a really nice app.  I wish they had a public API to use… oh well.

On the plus side, davefraud has provided an Italian translation for AutoSense.  I’ve included it in tonights nightly.  I’m sure there will be some things that need tweaking, but it’s there, so thanks dave.

davefraud
    Participant

you’re welcome 😉

that_kid
    Participant

Oh that’s great, international status 🙂

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Now I’m going to be bugging @davefraud to be translating all the time 😉

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The other map provider I had found previously is http://developer.skobbler.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.