HDTuner ideas…

Home Forums Software Suggestions HDTuner ideas…

This topic contains 65 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I know it is on your list..

it would be cool to see it integrated from the sense that the side buttons become the presets.. and the middle are where the home screens are would be the tuned channel and RDS/HD displays this way the clock and other things

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I like it. I hadn’t thought that far yet, but I don’t see any reason to do it another way.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

someone modded the HDTUNER.. I can use it elsewhere now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WZBOc_LAb4ZG1oWmpmaFliNm8/view?usp=sharing

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nice. I imagine things to work very similar in Autosense.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I have that APK.. Did you want it to look at it?

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Nice, I’d like to try the apk out.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So my current plan for the radio is a custom cable/controller. I’d really like the Android device to be able to control the volume via software.
    That being said, I plan on (attempting) making a module that will hook up to the Arduino bus via I2C and to

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

since you are using your app/ udoo etc..

I have some more info, you may already have:

HD library:
    http://halblog.com/hd

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking of how the best way to get the HD Tuner working is. I’ve got a couple of ideas but first I actually need to get the damn thing working. The sites you’ve posted should help with the protocol.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You’ll be happy to know I’ve got the HD Tuner working. I need to finish the command set, and parse the output sent back, which will take a while to complete. But I’ve got the very beginnings functioning.
    Unfortunately due to the size of the library I’

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

You’ll be happy to know I’ve got the HD Tuner working. I need to finish the command set, and parse the output sent back, which will take a while to complete. But I’ve got the very beginnings functioning.
    Unfortunately

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yes it will be supported on the Due, unless something unforeseeable happens, but I see no reason it won’t work.
    The Audio is the toughest part. The UDOO board is audio in, but I don’t think it works on Android, at least not yet. I still think the most u

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Yes it will be supported on the Due, unless something unforeseeable happens, but I see no reason it won’t work.
    The Audio is the toughest part. The UDOO board is audio in, but I don’t think it works on Android, at least n

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have the quad. And yes chalk elec. Overall I’m happy with it but I think your radio might be better overall

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Actually my radio could fix the audio issue.. the latest version of XDA code that was made has audio intents for controlling the aux input audio channels.. I will get those for you.. maybe you can add those in the configuration.. when the HD tuner is acti

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I know it is on your list..

it would be cool to see it integrated from the sense that the side buttons become the presets.. and the middle are where the home screens are would be the tuned channel and RDS/HD displays this way the clock and other things

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I like it. I hadn’t thought that far yet, but I don’t see any reason to do it another way.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

someone modded the HDTUNER.. I can use it elsewhere now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WZBOc_LAb4ZG1oWmpmaFliNm8/view?usp=sharing

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I have that APK.. Did you want it to look at it?

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Nice, I’d like to try the apk out.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So my current plan for the radio is a custom cable/controller. I’d really like the Android device to be able to control the volume via software.
    That being said, I plan on (attempting) making a module that will hook up to the Arduino bus via I2C and to

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

since you are using your app/ udoo etc..

I have some more info, you may already have:

HD library:
    http://halblog.com/hd

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking of how the best way to get the HD Tuner working is. I’ve got a couple of ideas but first I actually need to get the damn thing working. The sites you’ve posted should help with the protocol.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Unfortunately due to the size of the library I’

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Unfortunately

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The Audio is the toughest part. The UDOO board is audio in, but I don’t think it works on Android, at least not yet. I still think the most u

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

The Audio is the toughest part. The UDOO board is audio in, but I don’t think it works on Android, at least n

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have the quad. And yes chalk elec. Overall I’m happy with it but I think your radio might be better overall

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Actually my radio could fix the audio issue.. the latest version of XDA code that was made has audio intents for controlling the aux input audio channels.. I will get those for you.. maybe you can add those in the configuration.. when the HD tuner is acti

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.