Let us pick images from SD card for icons.

Home Forums Software Suggestions Let us pick images from SD card for icons.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of andrewfblack andrewfblack 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andrewfblack
    andrewfblack
    Participant

The only thing keeping me form using this full time is setting up icons for all my buttons. Can you set it up so we can put either png or even ico files in a folder on SD card or somewhere that the app can us for button icons. This would allow us to use

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I will see what I can come up with. I like this idea and will do what I can to get it done.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve got the underlying code somewhat working. I still need to work on the picker portion. Be aware that you need the icons to be rather large to look good. The built in icons are 150px x 150px.

andrewfblack
    Participant

Awesome, can’t wait to try it. That size is fine what format do the icons need to be in?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I believe any image format will work, but I’ve been using PNG’s for everything.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

First iteration is done. It may be missing a few things, but seems to work for now.
    You’ll have to make a new folder in your /sdcard directory called “Icons” (case sensitive). Within that directory you can place folders and icons and they sh

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve got another update with some fixes and improvements. I now create the Icons folder and .nomedia file for you. Also some more checks to make sure only image files are listed. Image files will be resized to show in a nice grid.

andrewfblack
    Participant

Nice I will test it tonight thanks

• Author
    andrewfblack
    Participant

The only thing keeping me form using this full time is setting up icons for all my buttons. Can you set it up so we can put either png or even ico files in a folder on SD card or somewhere that the app can us for button icons. This would allow us to use

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I will see what I can come up with. I like this idea and will do what I can to get it done.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve got the underlying code somewhat working. I still need to work on the picker portion. Be aware that you need the icons to be rather large to look good. The built in icons are 150px x 150px.

andrewfblack
    Participant

Awesome, can’t wait to try it. That size is fine what format do the icons need to be in?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I believe any image format will work, but I’ve been using PNG’s for everything.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

First iteration is done. It may be missing a few things, but seems to work for now.
    You’ll have to make a new folder in your /sdcard directory called “Icons” (case sensitive). Within that directory you can place folders and icons and they sh

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve got another update with some fixes and improvements. I now create the Icons folder and .nomedia file for you. Also some more checks to make sure only image files are listed. Image files will be resized to show in a nice grid.

andrewfblack
    Participant

Nice I will test it tonight thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.