Looking for someone to help write an Arduino library

Home Forums Hardware Other Looking for someone to help write an Arduino library

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

I’m hoping somebody can help me write an EEPROM library, I just don’t seem to have the time to get it done. I can setup a Git server to collaborate and help.
    The EEPROM part number is 25LC080D and the datasheet is [url=http://ww1.microc

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I wish I could help with this.. I just don’t have enough Arduino Experience yet to do it

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No worries. I’ll get to it eventually, keyword being eventually… So much life in the way 😉

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Yeah I want to help out but my 2 year old and 2 month old are taking up much of my time.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys.
    So I got the very basics of the library working, so I now have EEPROM support for the Due. I have a bunch of chips I had made that will all need a minor change from an oversite on my part. But if you’re wanting one I’m willing to sell them fo

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have not used this in a while. I need to try it again.. I would be interested in the EEPROM, but I forget what is stored in it.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The EEPROM stores all the configuration settings for the Due. Without one everything is reset on power up since there is no other way to store the info.

that_kid
    Participant

I may want one but I need to figure out how I’ll be able to use it. I need otg from the tablet for connectivity to my dac, ssd and a few other devices so I won’t be able to use the DUE in accessory mode.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Are you still using the N7? The only thing that I can come up with for your situation is the Uno. It’s obviously much more limited than the Due. If you use the Uno you won’t need an external EEPROM as it’s got one built in.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Are you going to improve uno code as well?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I will work on it, but the Due is the priority. The Uno is severely limited in resources and what it can do.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Do you have a list of plans for the due and out of that what can the uno do?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The Due has as CAN BUS built in. This is huge when it comes to networking Arduinos in the car, as I plan on having multiple dedicated to different tasks. It also has MUCH more flash memory (32k vs 512k), a faster processor (16MHz vs 84MHz), more IO. Ov

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So will the UNO be able to:

use Digital IO?

Have temperature capability?

If so then that will be the route I take as I want to be able to have other peripherals installed (Like my HDTuner)

for my vette.. there is no canbus..

now my 2007 Malibu.. if

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yes I plan on doing as much as the little Uno will do. Digital IO is among the basics, temp falls in that category too. I am still working on HD tuner support as I have to reverse engineer the protocol and build a library for it.
    I would like to add all

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

I’m hoping somebody can help me write an EEPROM library, I just don’t seem to have the time to get it done. I can setup a Git server to collaborate and help.
    The EEPROM part number is 25LC080D and the datasheet is [url=http://ww1.microc

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I wish I could help with this.. I just don’t have enough Arduino Experience yet to do it

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No worries. I’ll get to it eventually, keyword being eventually… So much life in the way 😉

that_kid
    Participant

Yeah I want to help out but my 2 year old and 2 month old are taking up much of my time.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys.
    So I got the very basics of the library working, so I now have EEPROM support for the Due. I have a bunch of chips I had made that will all need a minor change from an oversite on my part. But if you’re wanting one I’m willing to sell them fo

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have not used this in a while. I need to try it again.. I would be interested in the EEPROM, but I forget what is stored in it.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The EEPROM stores all the configuration settings for the Due. Without one everything is reset on power up since there is no other way to store the info.

that_kid
    Participant

I may want one but I need to figure out how I’ll be able to use it. I need otg from the tablet for connectivity to my dac, ssd and a few other devices so I won’t be able to use the DUE in accessory mode.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Are you still using the N7? The only thing that I can come up with for your situation is the Uno. It’s obviously much more limited than the Due. If you use the Uno you won’t need an external EEPROM as it’s got one built in.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Are you going to improve uno code as well?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I will work on it, but the Due is the priority. The Uno is severely limited in resources and what it can do.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Do you have a list of plans for the due and out of that what can the uno do?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The Due has as CAN BUS built in. This is huge when it comes to networking Arduinos in the car, as I plan on having multiple dedicated to different tasks. It also has MUCH more flash memory (32k vs 512k), a faster processor (16MHz vs 84MHz), more IO. Ov

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So will the UNO be able to:

use Digital IO?

Have temperature capability?

If so then that will be the route I take as I want to be able to have other peripherals installed (Like my HDTuner)

for my vette.. there is no canbus..

now my 2007 Malibu.. if

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yes I plan on doing as much as the little Uno will do. Digital IO is among the basics, temp falls in that category too. I am still working on HD tuner support as I have to reverse engineer the protocol and build a library for it.
    I would like to add all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.