Marshmallow on Nexus 7

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Marshmallow on Nexus 7

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So I got my Nexus 7 2013 tablet with marshmallow to work once.. I see and issue with everytime you plug in a device you have to tell it which mode. I used file transfer and it worked for the shield and tuner..  I accidentally turned off USB debugging.. lost all comms.. claimed the USB to Arduino was good but was not.

Nothing worked to get the units communicating.. I did not know if this android version is set up to work with the shield

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve got a Marshmallow tablet and I don’t have to do any of that.  When the shield is plugged in it asks if you want to connect the accessory, click yes and it works the same as on older versions.  I don’t change any of the USB settings.  I just checked, it’s set to charge only.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok.  I will try again tomorrow

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Hey look at that, get a cable that fits better and all I have to do is plug it in and it works on my 6.0.1 tablet.. cool

I did try flipping the cable around  to see if it works as a device and I got no connection. nothing

What do I need to do to try it as a device?

Honestly here is what I want from a system:

-HDTUNER

-Music stored on device

if there was a way to get the USB DAC to work with the tablet and autosense that is still an option. I found a couple ways to make the battery go away.. so I am still considering a tablet. with the tablet I assume it will control the audio on the shield right?

that_kid
    Participant

Yeah i got rid of the battery in my Nexus 7 and it’s been working great.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

which version nexus are you using? 2012 or 2013?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Just read the first few posts.. I have downloaded a 6.0.1 ROM for my N7 2012.

Going to update one of my tablets I think to try it out

that_kid
    Participant

I’m using a 2013 nexus 7 but the procedure should work for a 2012 too.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I don’t have a 2013 version, but I’ve installed 6.0.1 rom on my tablet and it works well.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I tried tonight.. Wizard fails.. I used Pure 6.0.1, what GAPPS did you use? Maybe I need an older version of Pure ROM

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I had trouble with Gapps.  If I installed the ROM and then rebooted, then installed gapps it wouldn’t work.  But if I installed the rom and gapps with no reboot it worked.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I give up.. 6.0.1 always gives a setup wizard failure.. Not luck fixing it so far

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I experienced issues too.  I had to try a few different roms to find one that worked.  gapps was a major issue for some reason.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Got it working.. using nASOP rom with GAPPs.

How do you guys handle a fixed installation? I used TIMUR’s ROM but that is 4.2.2

The power event manager would be nice.

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So I got my Nexus 7 2013 tablet with marshmallow to work once.. I see and issue with everytime you plug in a device you have to tell it which mode. I used file transfer and it worked for the shield and tuner..  I accidentally turned off USB debugging.. lost all comms.. claimed the USB to Arduino was good but was not.

Nothing worked to get the units communicating.. I did not know if this android version is set up to work with the shield

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve got a Marshmallow tablet and I don’t have to do any of that.  When the shield is plugged in it asks if you want to connect the accessory, click yes and it works the same as on older versions.  I don’t change any of the USB settings.  I just checked, it’s set to charge only.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok.  I will try again tomorrow

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Hey look at that, get a cable that fits better and all I have to do is plug it in and it works on my 6.0.1 tablet.. cool

I did try flipping the cable around  to see if it works as a device and I got no connection. nothing

What do I need to do to try it as a device?

Honestly here is what I want from a system:

-HDTUNER

-Music stored on device

if there was a way to get the USB DAC to work with the tablet and autosense that is still an option. I found a couple ways to make the battery go away.. so I am still considering a tablet. with the tablet I assume it will control the audio on the shield right?

that_kid
    Participant

Yeah i got rid of the battery in my Nexus 7 and it’s been working great.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

which version nexus are you using? 2012 or 2013?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Just read the first few posts.. I have downloaded a 6.0.1 ROM for my N7 2012.

Going to update one of my tablets I think to try it out

that_kid
    Participant

I’m using a 2013 nexus 7 but the procedure should work for a 2012 too.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I don’t have a 2013 version, but I’ve installed 6.0.1 rom on my tablet and it works well.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I tried tonight.. Wizard fails.. I used Pure 6.0.1, what GAPPS did you use? Maybe I need an older version of Pure ROM

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I had trouble with Gapps.  If I installed the ROM and then rebooted, then installed gapps it wouldn’t work.  But if I installed the rom and gapps with no reboot it worked.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I give up.. 6.0.1 always gives a setup wizard failure.. Not luck fixing it so far

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I experienced issues too.  I had to try a few different roms to find one that worked.  gapps was a major issue for some reason.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Got it working.. using nASOP rom with GAPPs.

How do you guys handle a fixed installation? I used TIMUR’s ROM but that is 4.2.2

The power event manager would be nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.