quick update

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion quick update

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys
    So I’ve been away for a few days. But I’ve started working on things again. I’ve got the output configuration editor working. You can add triggers to activate the output pin. So far I have button control and on startup. Both are working nicely.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

cool.. I am still having issues, I will update in the UNO section

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Oh that’s great. I’m still working some bugs out of the install but this will help me get other aspects of the install going.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So I have another request

Can I use a Digital input (or analog input) to shut down the Android device? basically if power is removed, it will power down?

Oh yeah, i need to send that tuner to you.. won’t be until next week

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll look into having it power down. What would you like for powering back up? I’m not sure what will work because once it’s off I have no connection to the device. Sleep mode should be doable, I’ve seen in other ROMS and such sleep/wake with power on/

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

No just power down. This would be for an android stick with no sleep function.. Start the car and it will power on.. Looking at using the stick with the App Radio 2/3

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. It should be fairly simple to have one of the input pins be hooked up to the accessory line and when it goes low send a command to Android to power off. This will require root permissions as the SDK doesn’t supply any way to power off.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

OK. It should be fairly simple to have one of the input pins be hooked up to the accessory line and when it goes low send a command to Android to power off. This will require root permissions as the SDK doesn’t supply an

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I just pushed an update with more improvements and fixes. Still working hard on the editor. Still nothing for the Red Board yet. I think I’ll work on that before I continue on input stuff. The Arduino software needs a complete rewrite to match the An

that_kid
    Participant

Cool, will do the update later when i’m back in the car. I still haven’t tried anything on the Arduino side with the DUE yet.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys
    So I’ve been away for a few days. But I’ve started working on things again. I’ve got the output configuration editor working. You can add triggers to activate the output pin. So far I have button control and on startup. Both are working nicely.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

cool.. I am still having issues, I will update in the UNO section

that_kid
    Participant

Oh that’s great. I’m still working some bugs out of the install but this will help me get other aspects of the install going.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So I have another request

Can I use a Digital input (or analog input) to shut down the Android device? basically if power is removed, it will power down?

Oh yeah, i need to send that tuner to you.. won’t be until next week

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll look into having it power down. What would you like for powering back up? I’m not sure what will work because once it’s off I have no connection to the device. Sleep mode should be doable, I’ve seen in other ROMS and such sleep/wake with power on/

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

No just power down. This would be for an android stick with no sleep function.. Start the car and it will power on.. Looking at using the stick with the App Radio 2/3

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. It should be fairly simple to have one of the input pins be hooked up to the accessory line and when it goes low send a command to Android to power off. This will require root permissions as the SDK doesn’t supply any way to power off.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

OK. It should be fairly simple to have one of the input pins be hooked up to the accessory line and when it goes low send a command to Android to power off. This will require root permissions as the SDK doesn’t supply an

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I just pushed an update with more improvements and fixes. Still working hard on the editor. Still nothing for the Red Board yet. I think I’ll work on that before I continue on input stuff. The Arduino software needs a complete rewrite to match the An

that_kid
    Participant

Cool, will do the update later when i’m back in the car. I still haven’t tried anything on the Arduino side with the DUE yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.