Temperature Sensors

Home Forums Hardware Arduino Due Temperature Sensors

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What pins do we hook the temp sensors up to? will I need any Resistors as well?

It the top display connected to certain pins yet?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The waterproof one wire temperature sensors can be hooked up to any pin you like. You will need a 4.7K resistor as well. You could probably use 10K, or 3.3K if you don’t have 4.7K.
    Once you’ve setup the temperature sensor in the Arduino config, you ca

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Awesome Thanks

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

FYI, if you take two 10K resistors and wire them in parallel, you’ll get 5K. If it doesn’t work you could try doing something like that with different values, depending on what you have on hand (if anything). I could have included a couple with the EEPR

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have plenty of resistors.. no problem there.. I just need to get the sensor in the car ( And the DUE in the car too)

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What pins do we hook the temp sensors up to? will I need any Resistors as well?

It the top display connected to certain pins yet?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The waterproof one wire temperature sensors can be hooked up to any pin you like. You will need a 4.7K resistor as well. You could probably use 10K, or 3.3K if you don’t have 4.7K.
    Once you’ve setup the temperature sensor in the Arduino config, you ca

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Awesome Thanks

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

FYI, if you take two 10K resistors and wire them in parallel, you’ll get 5K. If it doesn’t work you could try doing something like that with different values, depending on what you have on hand (if anything). I could have included a couple with the EEPR

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have plenty of resistors.. no problem there.. I just need to get the sensor in the car ( And the DUE in the car too)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.