Tonight\'s build

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Tonight\'s build

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Tonight’s build is focused mainly on upgraded libraries and performance improvements.  I’ve fixed a number of (potential) memory leaks.  I’ve removed old code that I no longer need, which will also make the APK smaller.

I’ve updated a number of methods to remove the deprecated versions, hopefully those all still work for everybody.

Not that it really makes a difference to anybody else, but I’ve got my Gradle build times down from almost 120 seconds (uggghhhh) to around 10 seconds.

If you try this build, please, like always, let me know of any problems you have.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have this installed on my Joying radio.. the resolution is wrong.. but it launches.

Launches on my Nexus 7 2012 with 5.1.1 as well

With the Arduino:

-Joying will not detect it if the Arduino is host.. usb connection on Joying is USB A ( like a PC) I have a male A to male A but using that with the OTB does not detect. Straight USB to Micro.. detects but Auto sense does not see it. I will try my tablet shortly

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

tried my  Autosense shield/Arduino with my Nexus 7 ( Shield as host) kept crashing Autosense (I assume you got the files)

I did not try it as Android host yet

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve changed anything Arduino related.  I can’t really test right now, my stuff is all packed up.  Tomorrow is moving day.  Once settled I’ll resume testing with the Arduino.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

The more I think on it.. It was when I select HD Radio.. I will check again tonight and see.. could be my arduino too..

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

OK..

As Accessory (Arduino is Host) it connects and I read temperatures.. When I try to select HD radio, it crashes (whether the cable it connected to the HDTuner or not).

As Host, it connects and then Autosense crashes when luanched

this was tested with a N7 2012 Android 5.1.1

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I see the HD Tuner reports.  I’ll run through the code tonight and see what I find.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Tried it with your latest Aug 30 build too.

Also How can I wire my Joying….

USB A female on the Joying to the USB Female to Micro USB for the arduino.. that is why it does not work.. my cabling is bad

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I made a silly mistake and it’s been fixed.

New version is building now.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Awesome I will try it soon

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

let me know hen the next version is posted..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I did one last night.  I’ve started reading a testing for dummies blog, and I’ve got some very basic tests written.  So tonight I’ll push another update to ensure my CI server is working with the new tests.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I think I broke my DUE.. Not sure what I did.. It will still connect but now I get no updates for temp. Even with the older app. I need to order a DUE which I should have on Sat.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Have you tried reflashing the firmware? Or maybe a simple blink test?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

yes retired flashing the firmware.. I think I wore out the USB port..

It is always good to have an extra.. also trying to connect it to the Joying may have broke it too.. I took a regular USB and modded the one pin, but I could have had the pin backwards..

I will try everything this weekend if time allows

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Tonight’s build is focused mainly on upgraded libraries and performance improvements.  I’ve fixed a number of (potential) memory leaks.  I’ve removed old code that I no longer need, which will also make the APK smaller.

I’ve updated a number of methods to remove the deprecated versions, hopefully those all still work for everybody.

Not that it really makes a difference to anybody else, but I’ve got my Gradle build times down from almost 120 seconds (uggghhhh) to around 10 seconds.

If you try this build, please, like always, let me know of any problems you have.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have this installed on my Joying radio.. the resolution is wrong.. but it launches.

Launches on my Nexus 7 2012 with 5.1.1 as well

With the Arduino:

-Joying will not detect it if the Arduino is host.. usb connection on Joying is USB A ( like a PC) I have a male A to male A but using that with the OTB does not detect. Straight USB to Micro.. detects but Auto sense does not see it. I will try my tablet shortly

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

tried my  Autosense shield/Arduino with my Nexus 7 ( Shield as host) kept crashing Autosense (I assume you got the files)

I did not try it as Android host yet

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmm, I don’t think I’ve changed anything Arduino related.  I can’t really test right now, my stuff is all packed up.  Tomorrow is moving day.  Once settled I’ll resume testing with the Arduino.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

The more I think on it.. It was when I select HD Radio.. I will check again tonight and see.. could be my arduino too..

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

OK..

As Accessory (Arduino is Host) it connects and I read temperatures.. When I try to select HD radio, it crashes (whether the cable it connected to the HDTuner or not).

As Host, it connects and then Autosense crashes when luanched

this was tested with a N7 2012 Android 5.1.1

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I see the HD Tuner reports.  I’ll run through the code tonight and see what I find.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Tried it with your latest Aug 30 build too.

Also How can I wire my Joying….

USB A female on the Joying to the USB Female to Micro USB for the arduino.. that is why it does not work.. my cabling is bad

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I made a silly mistake and it’s been fixed.

New version is building now.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Awesome I will try it soon

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

let me know hen the next version is posted..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I did one last night.  I’ve started reading a testing for dummies blog, and I’ve got some very basic tests written.  So tonight I’ll push another update to ensure my CI server is working with the new tests.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I think I broke my DUE.. Not sure what I did.. It will still connect but now I get no updates for temp. Even with the older app. I need to order a DUE which I should have on Sat.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Have you tried reflashing the firmware? Or maybe a simple blink test?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

yes retired flashing the firmware.. I think I wore out the USB port..

It is always good to have an extra.. also trying to connect it to the Joying may have broke it too.. I took a regular USB and modded the one pin, but I could have had the pin backwards..

I will try everything this weekend if time allows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.