Using a DUE as a Device instead of an Accessory

Home Forums Hardware Arduino Due Using a DUE as a Device instead of an Accessory

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I can deal with split data coming in bursts, but I cant deal with missing data. The data is being sent, but somewhere along the line it’s dropping the end. It might me the buffer length or something that just isn’t big enough. I just haven’t found it yet.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What is the second FTDI port for? I have one of those and can try things. I just upgraded my N7 2013 to marshmallow aswell

I was reading about Tablets again ( without a battery) mounted in the car.. but I would want the Backup Camera and a USB drive if I ever did it again.

and with the LTE Tablet I would always have a connection

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I had put the FTDI chip on board in case I couldn’t get the stock connector to work.  @that_kidd said he had some problems with it, and it was just planning ahead.  So it’s not needed.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What do I need to do to try  the DUE in Device mode? make the Android Host by connecting the cables the other way.. *shorting pin on Android side)

When I try that is doesn’t work.. Suggestions?

IF  I could read:

But this time your Arduino needs to use the “Programming Port”.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff-.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff-.
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

tried this tonight ( looking at all options)

It gets detected with my N7 2013 ( 6.0.1) and my Android Stick ( 4.4.4)  but as soon as I tell it to launch autosense the app crashes ( yes Eric those are my 5 or 6 reports from about 20 minute prior to this post).

Any ideas on the crashing? latest nightly on all tested equipment

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

It crashes on both devices?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

yes

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The crash reports say it’s the USB driver.  I’ll dig deeper and try to figure out why.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

okay.. hopefully you find something..

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

any luck? I wanted to try this again..

Holding off on the CarJoying Unit.. too many issues it seems with them right now. Might keep the Newsmy.. it works but has shortcomings.. I could go back to the tablet too.. just need to try some things with it

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nothing that I feel confident has fixed the issue… There have been changes and updates, but since I can’t replicate the issue, I can’t say for sure it’s been fixed 🙁

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I can deal with split data coming in bursts, but I cant deal with missing data. The data is being sent, but somewhere along the line it’s dropping the end. It might me the buffer length or something that just isn’t big enough. I just haven’t found it yet.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What is the second FTDI port for? I have one of those and can try things. I just upgraded my N7 2013 to marshmallow aswell

I was reading about Tablets again ( without a battery) mounted in the car.. but I would want the Backup Camera and a USB drive if I ever did it again.

and with the LTE Tablet I would always have a connection

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I had put the FTDI chip on board in case I couldn’t get the stock connector to work.  @that_kidd said he had some problems with it, and it was just planning ahead.  So it’s not needed.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What do I need to do to try  the DUE in Device mode? make the Android Host by connecting the cables the other way.. *shorting pin on Android side)

When I try that is doesn’t work.. Suggestions?

IF  I could read:

But this time your Arduino needs to use the “Programming Port”.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

tried this tonight ( looking at all options)

It gets detected with my N7 2013 ( 6.0.1) and my Android Stick ( 4.4.4)  but as soon as I tell it to launch autosense the app crashes ( yes Eric those are my 5 or 6 reports from about 20 minute prior to this post).

Any ideas on the crashing? latest nightly on all tested equipment

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

It crashes on both devices?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

yes

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The crash reports say it’s the USB driver.  I’ll dig deeper and try to figure out why.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

okay.. hopefully you find something..

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

any luck? I wanted to try this again..

Holding off on the CarJoying Unit.. too many issues it seems with them right now. Might keep the Newsmy.. it works but has shortcomings.. I could go back to the tablet too.. just need to try some things with it

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nothing that I feel confident has fixed the issue… There have been changes and updates, but since I can’t replicate the issue, I can’t say for sure it’s been fixed 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.