A shield with all the options has a number of connections, they include:
- 10 x 12 volt outputs. These can supply 12 volts, and are protected against high voltage spikes often caused by relays.
- 12 ground signal inputs. These are protected by diodes and will only accept ground signals as input.
- 8 analog inputs. These can also be used for digital input or output. However they offer nothing in the way of protection. Never supply more than 3.3 volts to these pins.
- 2 temperature sensor connections. These only work with DS18S20 sensors.
- CANBus connection. This currently is NOT working. The hardware has been supplied for future software upgrades to come.
- HD Radio connection. This hooks up directly to the HD Radio using the radio's "Interface" port.
- 4 x audio inputs. These are line level inputs. Do not put high powered signals through them. At best you'll get distortion, at worst you may destroy the volume control chip.
- 1 audio output. Hook this up to your amplifier. Within AutoSense you can choose your input, and it will be routed to the output and have the volume attenuation applied to the signal.