- 10 outputs to control your 12 volt devices like amplifiers or radios.
- 12 inputs for buttons, switches or digital sensors. These are protected and will only work with a ground signal.
- 8 analog inputs. These could be used for digital as well, but offer nothing in the way of protection. If hooked up incorrectly you will fry them.
- 2 hookups for temperature sensors. (DS18B20 based sensors just plug and go)
- HD Radio compatibility. Includes cable(Again, just plug and go)
- Audio switching up to 4 sources and volume control. Note, this is NOT an amplifier. It is a source selector and volume attenuator, meaning it can lower volume but not increase it. You will need an amplifier hooked up from the output of the shield.
- CANBUS hookups.
- GPS option for devices without GPS built in. This adds the option for a GPS module with an external antenna.
The shield is as self configuring as possible. You’ll still have to tell it what the inputs and outputs are for, but if you buy the audio options AutoSense will know they’re there because the shield will say so. Same goes for your selected options.
The shield footprint has been designed to plug directly onto an Arduino Due, or UDOO. The dimensions are 10cm x 15cm (4″x6″).