Android playlist limit

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Android playlist limit

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve been working hard at improving the media playback and such. Today I found a limitation of the Android system that is going to have me redoing a bunch of things… The built in playlist provider can only have 1000 songs per playlist. That just wo

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

I like option 2 as long as the playlist can be exported/imported.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I thought about it a little bit more, & I think I will keep the built-in playlist functionality that’s currently there. The only change that I will make is to use the Now Playing playlist in an internal database. So you’ll be limited to playlist size

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Alright, so I’ve made some changes. Playlists will work as before with the exception of “Now Playing”. It won’t be a playlist at all, but internally stored. The latest nightly has the changes.

that_kid
    Participant

I’ll give this a try. I haven’t switched to nightlies yet.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You can install overtop the stable version. When I figure the nightly is stable enough it will be moved to the stable version and automatically updated

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve been working hard at improving the media playback and such. Today I found a limitation of the Android system that is going to have me redoing a bunch of things… The built in playlist provider can only have 1000 songs per playlist. That just wo

that_kid
    Participant

I like option 2 as long as the playlist can be exported/imported.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I thought about it a little bit more, & I think I will keep the built-in playlist functionality that’s currently there. The only change that I will make is to use the Now Playing playlist in an internal database. So you’ll be limited to playlist size

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Alright, so I’ve made some changes. Playlists will work as before with the exception of “Now Playing”. It won’t be a playlist at all, but internally stored. The latest nightly has the changes.

that_kid
    Participant

I’ll give this a try. I haven’t switched to nightlies yet.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You can install overtop the stable version. When I figure the nightly is stable enough it will be moved to the stable version and automatically updated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.