Another thought for a feature

Home Forums Software Suggestions Another thought for a feature

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Considering many of us may use this on different devices..

If one were to use the Arduino with it, what are the chances of adding the RTC to the Arduino and having it update the time/Date on android?

reason I ask is I will use an Android Stick PC, and t

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

definitely possible. However, it will be the first thing that actually requires a rooted device. So that being said, I’m going to have to learn to d root programming, as well as getting an RTC for the Arduino portion.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

definitely possible. However, it will be the first thing that actually requires a rooted device. So that being said, I’m going to have to learn to d root programming, as well as getting an RTC for the Arduino portion.[/quo

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I like the idea, I just need to get the parts.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

do you have ideas on which ones? I was looking/thinking of the 2 different RTCs from Sparkfun, but I have not purchased anything

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m not sure which I’d use.
    I will likely end up with an I2C version, the ones on Sparkfun look to all be SPI. I’ll likely end up ordering a couple from Digikey and see which I like best.

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Considering many of us may use this on different devices..

If one were to use the Arduino with it, what are the chances of adding the RTC to the Arduino and having it update the time/Date on android?

reason I ask is I will use an Android Stick PC, and t

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

definitely possible. However, it will be the first thing that actually requires a rooted device. So that being said, I’m going to have to learn to d root programming, as well as getting an RTC for the Arduino portion.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

definitely possible. However, it will be the first thing that actually requires a rooted device. So that being said, I’m going to have to learn to d root programming, as well as getting an RTC for the Arduino portion.[/quo

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

do you have ideas on which ones? I was looking/thinking of the 2 different RTCs from Sparkfun, but I have not purchased anything

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m not sure which I’d use.
    I will likely end up with an I2C version, the ones on Sparkfun look to all be SPI. I’ll likely end up ordering a couple from Digikey and see which I like best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.