Any Known Problems Installing on 4.1.1?

Home Forums Software Bug Reports Any Known Problems Installing on 4.1.1?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dmh dmh 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I’ve been trying to install the app on a Rikomagic MK802IIIs stick running 4.1.1 without any luck. I keep getting a “there was a problem parsing the package” error.

Unknown sources is checked.

Any ideas or known problems?

Thanks

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Never mind. Upgraded to 4.2.2 and all is well.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Glad you got it. 4.2 is the minimum supported, I’d like to bump it up because of some newer features, but I will do what I can do keep it as low as I can.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Ahh, I didn’t know 4.2 was the minimum.

Looking back at the download page I see I missed reading #1 “Ensure you have Android version 4.2.2 or greater”. 🙂

Sorry about that

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I’ve tried to post a new thread on this with no luck so I figured a reply to this one may work. (fingers crossed)

It looks like posts have been cut short when everything was moved to the new software. Is there a way to see the old forum to read the entire posts?

I’m specifically looking for this one.

In order for your Arduino Due to be recognized by the Android tablet it needs to be hooked up a specific way.

First you will need an OTG cable. I recommend one [url=http://www.dx.com/p/cy-u2-165-bk-micro-usb-male-to-usb-female-w-us

My Due is on the way and I didn’t even think about a cable. I’m not sure what cable I need or whatever else that may be needed as well.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

It wasn’t there before 😉 I added it after your post. 😀

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Good deal! At least I know for now I’m not loosing it! 🙂

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Eric, just wanted to say thanks for the help. My cable is on the way!

• Author
    Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I’ve been trying to install the app on a Rikomagic MK802IIIs stick running 4.1.1 without any luck. I keep getting a “there was a problem parsing the package” error.

Unknown sources is checked.

Any ideas or known problems?

Thanks

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Never mind. Upgraded to 4.2.2 and all is well.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Glad you got it. 4.2 is the minimum supported, I’d like to bump it up because of some newer features, but I will do what I can do keep it as low as I can.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Ahh, I didn’t know 4.2 was the minimum.

Looking back at the download page I see I missed reading #1 “Ensure you have Android version 4.2.2 or greater”. 🙂

Sorry about that

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I’ve tried to post a new thread on this with no luck so I figured a reply to this one may work. (fingers crossed)

It looks like posts have been cut short when everything was moved to the new software. Is there a way to see the old forum to read the entire posts?

I’m specifically looking for this one.

In order for your Arduino Due to be recognized by the Android tablet it needs to be hooked up a specific way.

First you will need an OTG cable. I recommend one [url=http://www.dx.com/p/cy-u2-165-bk-micro-usb-male-to-usb-female-w-us

My Due is on the way and I didn’t even think about a cable. I’m not sure what cable I need or whatever else that may be needed as well.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

It wasn’t there before 😉 I added it after your post. 😀

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Good deal! At least I know for now I’m not loosing it! 🙂

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Eric, just wanted to say thanks for the help. My cable is on the way!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.