Arduino changes

Home Forums Hardware Arduino Due Arduino changes

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

So after thinking about it for a while, I think I’m going to change the onscreen Arduino editor.  Instead of having all pins be configureable like they are, I’m going to make them all act like there is a shield attached.  Of course if you don’t have a shield you’ll need to manually do all the wiring and stuff.

I decided to go this route for ease of code maintenance.  Supporting complete configurability and a shield with set IO makes things much more difficult.

That being said, the plan is to remove the current editor and start the transition.  Things like audio and CANBus won’t work without a shield unless they’re enabled in the advanced settings and all the correct hardware is in place.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

So after thinking about it for a while, I think I’m going to change the onscreen Arduino editor.  Instead of having all pins be configureable like they are, I’m going to make them all act like there is a shield attached.  Of course if you don’t have a shield you’ll need to manually do all the wiring and stuff.

I decided to go this route for ease of code maintenance.  Supporting complete configurability and a shield with set IO makes things much more difficult.

That being said, the plan is to remove the current editor and start the transition.  Things like audio and CANBus won’t work without a shield unless they’re enabled in the advanced settings and all the correct hardware is in place.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.