Arduino Due on power on?

Home Forums Hardware Arduino Due Arduino Due on power on?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

How is the connection on power up?

I am going to connect this in the car once I get the EEPROM.. I forget which USB I should be connecting to though.

I hope it works well with the Android radio I have, I seem to recall that it connected okay before, bu

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You need to use an OTG cable plugged into the Native USB port. You also need to power the Arduino. You have a couple of options. You can use a ‘Y’ OTG cable [url=http://www.amazon.ca/Importer520-Micro-Cable-Power-Galaxy/dp/B00CXAC1ZW:1xz03z

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

You need to use an OTG cable plugged into the Native USB port. You also need to power the Arduino. You have a couple of options. You can use a ‘Y’ OTG cable [url=http://www.amazon.ca/Importer520-Micro-Cable-

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

It should be the standard USB you’ll use. Imagine the Arduino to be a computer and think that you’re plugging the radio into the computer. OTG is needed to give you a USB A female socket.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

It should be the standard USB you’ll use. Imagine the Arduino to be a computer and think that you’re plugging the radio into the computer. OTG is needed to give you a USB A female socket.

yeah I am sure

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok I had it connected

Android sees it as a USB Accessory correct?

I can go into the Arduino menu in Autosense, it sees the DUE.. I assign a Output as a toggle..

It worked once, but then I had a issue with removing the Home screen buttons and the settin

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You’ll need to reflash the Due with the latest firmware which I haven’t release yet. And yes, you’ll also need the EEPROM for it to work.

I have it working on my Nexus 7 and a Due on my test bench, and on my UDOO, so two physical devices isn’t an issue.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I can push the latest nightly right now which will include all the latest code on the Android side, and I’ll put up a snapshot of the Due firmware you can use to play with… hang tight a few minutes

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I can push the latest nightly right now which will include all the latest code on the Android side, and I’ll put up a snapshot of the Due firmware you can use to play with… hang tight a few minutes

No

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Arduino tools in place. Follow this guide. Autosense nightly still building, will be up soon.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Arduino tools in place. Follow this guide. Autosense nightly still building, will be up soon.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The bin file is brand new. Still a work in progress but very different than before.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

There we go. I needed up update my server for the build to finish, but it’s all good to go.
    If you try the latest with the Arduino let me know how it goes.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

this does not work unless I swap out the true switch for false

4) Type the command “./bossac –port=tty.usbmodemfd12211 -U true -e -w -v -b master.cpp.bin -R”

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll put a note. According to the man pages the ‘U’ switch is for USB port auto-detection. I guess in your case it worked, in mine it didn’t.

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

How is the connection on power up?

I am going to connect this in the car once I get the EEPROM.. I forget which USB I should be connecting to though.

I hope it works well with the Android radio I have, I seem to recall that it connected okay before, bu

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You need to use an OTG cable plugged into the Native USB port. You also need to power the Arduino. You have a couple of options. You can use a ‘Y’ OTG cable [url=http://www.amazon.ca/Importer520-Micro-Cable-Power-Galaxy/dp/B00CXAC1ZW:1xz03z

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

You need to use an OTG cable plugged into the Native USB port. You also need to power the Arduino. You have a couple of options. You can use a ‘Y’ OTG cable [url=http://www.amazon.ca/Importer520-Micro-Cable-

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

yeah I am sure

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok I had it connected

Android sees it as a USB Accessory correct?

I can go into the Arduino menu in Autosense, it sees the DUE.. I assign a Output as a toggle..

It worked once, but then I had a issue with removing the Home screen buttons and the settin

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

You’ll need to reflash the Due with the latest firmware which I haven’t release yet. And yes, you’ll also need the EEPROM for it to work.

I have it working on my Nexus 7 and a Due on my test bench, and on my UDOO, so two physical devices isn’t an issue.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

No

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The bin file is brand new. Still a work in progress but very different than before.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

There we go. I needed up update my server for the build to finish, but it’s all good to go.
    If you try the latest with the Arduino let me know how it goes.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

this does not work unless I swap out the true switch for false

4) Type the command “./bossac –port=tty.usbmodemfd12211 -U true -e -w -v -b master.cpp.bin -R”

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll put a note. According to the man pages the ‘U’ switch is for USB port auto-detection. I guess in your case it worked, in mine it didn’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.