Arduino Editor rewrite

Home Forums Software Suggestions Arduino Editor rewrite

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

No I didn’t, I’ll give that a try and see if that fixes the issue.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

After some initial testing I cannot get the media intents to work, I think i need to flash optiboot then test. i setup 4 buttons with different media functions. I can see the tx light on the arduino flash when i press a button but nothing

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid wrote:

After some initial testing I cannot get the media intents to work, I think i need to flash optiboot then test. i setup 4 buttons with different media functions. I can see the tx light on the arduino flash when i pres

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Alright, I’ve found the issue. When reading the digital pin on a Due, I get values of 0 or 256. When I read the digital pin on an Uno, I get 0 or 1.
    The code that checks if a pin is high or low has a range to make sure a click is read, and not require

that_kid
    Participant

Not a problem Eric, it’s a learning curve for sure. I was looking at the code yesterday trying to follow how things worked with regards to the input states. I’m still learning java and programming for android along with arduino programming so it’s inter

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

Will the Sparkfun Redboard have the same issues as the UNO? That is the specific one I am using currently

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The Redboard is an Uno clone. They will behave the same.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid wrote:

Not a problem Eric, it’s a learning curve for sure. I was looking at the code yesterday trying to follow how things worked with regards to the input states. I’m still learning java and programming for android along w

that_kid
    Participant

I know what you mean. The “research” phase for the tablet controller spanned an Arduino Due, Duemilanove, teensy 2++ and finally a teensy 3.1. Then there was the code. I kept going back and applying better code and techniques I run across.

that_kid
    Participant

Will the media triggers be global or just for autosense?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

They are just Autosense. I can add global ones, but in reality there isn’t true global media intents. If other programs happen to use the same as Google Music for instance, that’s their choice. Each app developer is free to use their own intents.

that_kid
    Participant

Global would be good because that means control of Spotify, iHeartRadio, Pandora, tune-in and possibly slacker although I haven’t tested slacker.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll have to look into what intents they actually use. If you happen to know that would be great. If not, I’ll poke around and see what I can find.
    I’m also planning on integrating Spotify when I do the music overhaul. I’d like Pandora too, but I don’t

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

No I didn’t, I’ll give that a try and see if that fixes the issue.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

After some initial testing I cannot get the media intents to work, I think i need to flash optiboot then test. i setup 4 buttons with different media functions. I can see the tx light on the arduino flash when i press a button but nothing

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid wrote:

After some initial testing I cannot get the media intents to work, I think i need to flash optiboot then test. i setup 4 buttons with different media functions. I can see the tx light on the arduino flash when i pres

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Alright, I’ve found the issue. When reading the digital pin on a Due, I get values of 0 or 256. When I read the digital pin on an Uno, I get 0 or 1.
    The code that checks if a pin is high or low has a range to make sure a click is read, and not require

that_kid
    Participant

Not a problem Eric, it’s a learning curve for sure. I was looking at the code yesterday trying to follow how things worked with regards to the input states. I’m still learning java and programming for android along with arduino programming so it’s inter

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

Will the Sparkfun Redboard have the same issues as the UNO? That is the specific one I am using currently

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The Redboard is an Uno clone. They will behave the same.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid wrote:

Not a problem Eric, it’s a learning curve for sure. I was looking at the code yesterday trying to follow how things worked with regards to the input states. I’m still learning java and programming for android along w

that_kid
    Participant

I know what you mean. The “research” phase for the tablet controller spanned an Arduino Due, Duemilanove, teensy 2++ and finally a teensy 3.1. Then there was the code. I kept going back and applying better code and techniques I run across.

that_kid
    Participant

Will the media triggers be global or just for autosense?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

They are just Autosense. I can add global ones, but in reality there isn’t true global media intents. If other programs happen to use the same as Google Music for instance, that’s their choice. Each app developer is free to use their own intents.

that_kid
    Participant

Global would be good because that means control of Spotify, iHeartRadio, Pandora, tune-in and possibly slacker although I haven’t tested slacker.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ll have to look into what intents they actually use. If you happen to know that would be great. If not, I’ll poke around and see what I can find.
    I’m also planning on integrating Spotify when I do the music overhaul. I’d like Pandora too, but I don’t

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.