Audio controls

Home Forums Hardware AutoSense Shield Audio controls

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys
    I’ve been working on the audio portion of the shield a lot the last little bit and just wanted to shared what I’ve got so far.
    The shield has 4 inputs that can be selected from the UI. By default the Android audio is expected to be plugged into input 1, HD radio into input 2, and have two aux inputs. This can be changed if wanted.
    Once that has been setup a new button is available to setup on your homescreen sidebar or main area, called Audio Source Selector. Using this button you can manually change the input source if you like. But also included is automatic switching. If you add a new HD Radio button, when activated it will automatically switch to that source and remain there until either manually changed or you start playing music from the built in player.

Here’s a pic of the source selector
    Source Selector

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool!! is this only accessible if you have the audio pieces installed on the shield?

You mentioned ‘set-up’ where do you set up the audio stuff at?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Correct. It is auto detected and enabled when the shield is present and audio capabilities are turned on. As far as “setup” is concerned, you don’t need to do anything, it’s done automatically, but if you want to change things you can. When a shield is plugged in the “Arduino” section changes to “Setup Shield” with the shield options displayed. When it’s removed it goes back.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

SO if I don’t get the Audio controls, will I still be able to set-up intents for audio control?

I am looking forward to getting the pieces in the car..

The software has come a long way

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yes the intents you need will work. You can customize your volume like you’ve already seen. The new feature adds optional intents to ALL buttons you configure on the home screen. So for example you make an HD Radio button. You set the optional intent for change source to HD Radio. When that button is activated the intent is broadcast. To change the source back to original you have two choices. Both involve a button on the home screen. 1) only change when you want to play internal music but setting the Music button to send the intent. Or 2) have a dedicated button to change the source back to the original input. But in order for that I need a “Blank” button, or a button that doesn’t do anything. It will ONLY do the optional intent.
    If you use Pandora, Spotify or some other music player you’ll need to set the intent there too if you want that button to set the source.

tl;dr
    Everybody gets a new optional broadcast intent for all buttons on the home screen. No shield required.

Thanks, it’s the people on the forums and such that drive me to keep going forward with it. It has become much more than I ever planned, but I see now that it can be so much more too. I hope to keep going for a long time.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys
    I’ve been working on the audio portion of the shield a lot the last little bit and just wanted to shared what I’ve got so far.
    The shield has 4 inputs that can be selected from the UI. By default the Android audio is expected to be plugged into input 1, HD radio into input 2, and have two aux inputs. This can be changed if wanted.
    Once that has been setup a new button is available to setup on your homescreen sidebar or main area, called Audio Source Selector. Using this button you can manually change the input source if you like. But also included is automatic switching. If you add a new HD Radio button, when activated it will automatically switch to that source and remain there until either manually changed or you start playing music from the built in player.

Here’s a pic of the source selector
    Source Selector

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool!! is this only accessible if you have the audio pieces installed on the shield?

You mentioned ‘set-up’ where do you set up the audio stuff at?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Correct. It is auto detected and enabled when the shield is present and audio capabilities are turned on. As far as “setup” is concerned, you don’t need to do anything, it’s done automatically, but if you want to change things you can. When a shield is plugged in the “Arduino” section changes to “Setup Shield” with the shield options displayed. When it’s removed it goes back.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

SO if I don’t get the Audio controls, will I still be able to set-up intents for audio control?

I am looking forward to getting the pieces in the car..

The software has come a long way

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yes the intents you need will work. You can customize your volume like you’ve already seen. The new feature adds optional intents to ALL buttons you configure on the home screen. So for example you make an HD Radio button. You set the optional intent for change source to HD Radio. When that button is activated the intent is broadcast. To change the source back to original you have two choices. Both involve a button on the home screen. 1) only change when you want to play internal music but setting the Music button to send the intent. Or 2) have a dedicated button to change the source back to the original input. But in order for that I need a “Blank” button, or a button that doesn’t do anything. It will ONLY do the optional intent.
    If you use Pandora, Spotify or some other music player you’ll need to set the intent there too if you want that button to set the source.

tl;dr
    Everybody gets a new optional broadcast intent for all buttons on the home screen. No shield required.

Thanks, it’s the people on the forums and such that drive me to keep going forward with it. It has become much more than I ever planned, but I see now that it can be so much more too. I hope to keep going for a long time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.