Autosense background data

Home Forums Software Bug Reports Autosense background data

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Eric what kind of data does Autosense use in the background?  Today I was looking at my data usage and noticed that Autosense has used about 855 megs in the last 20 or so days.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Oh wow.  The only thing in the background that should consume any data is the media image loading.  So if you have a lot of album art to download that will happen, but should only happen once.

that_kid
    Participant

That could be it, I think my database is screwed up again.  Every time I try to open the music part of the app it crashes so I wonder if it just keeps trying to download the media images.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmm… I’ve not seen any crashes that are related to the music portion lately…  I do know you had your music on an external drive though, maybe it’s because of that.

The files are stored in /sdcard/Android/data/com.autosenseapp.com/.  There are two folders, albumthumbs and artistthumbs.  If things are downloading correctly they should be full of files.  I think currently it’s set to redownload new images every 30 days or so, but I’m going to change that to only download them once.

that_kid
    Participant

Ok I’ll check it today and see what’s in there and yes I use an external drive for media. I have stickmount setup to provide access to the drive, it creates a mount point under /sdcard/usbstorage. It’s possible the external drive is causing issues, I know Android M changed how you access storage too.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll try and setup a test using stickmount and see if I can cause/fix the problems.

that_kid
    Participant

So I installed the latest version and the app kept crashing. I tried the nightly and the same thing so I removed the app and data and did a fresh install and everything worked. I restored my data from titanium back and the app kept crashing so something must have been screwed up with my data. I did another clean install and setup Autosense and things have been fine. I can even access the music now. I’ll keep an eye on the background data usage and see if that improves too.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

One of the major potential issues is database upgrades.  It’s very picky.  Once the data has been upgraded it won’t allow it to happen again, which often happens.  It’s especially difficult with the nighly builds.

I’ve been wanting to add a built in backup/restore feature, but haven’t gotten to it.

The last couple of weeks I’ve been working full time plus I’ve had a few classes to go to.  On top of that my computer monitor crapped out.  I managed to get the pieces needed to fix that, now to get back at it 😉

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

Eric what kind of data does Autosense use in the background?  Today I was looking at my data usage and noticed that Autosense has used about 855 megs in the last 20 or so days.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Oh wow.  The only thing in the background that should consume any data is the media image loading.  So if you have a lot of album art to download that will happen, but should only happen once.

that_kid
    Participant

That could be it, I think my database is screwed up again.  Every time I try to open the music part of the app it crashes so I wonder if it just keeps trying to download the media images.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmm… I’ve not seen any crashes that are related to the music portion lately…  I do know you had your music on an external drive though, maybe it’s because of that.

The files are stored in /sdcard/Android/data/com.autosenseapp.com/.  There are two folders, albumthumbs and artistthumbs.  If things are downloading correctly they should be full of files.  I think currently it’s set to redownload new images every 30 days or so, but I’m going to change that to only download them once.

that_kid
    Participant

Ok I’ll check it today and see what’s in there and yes I use an external drive for media. I have stickmount setup to provide access to the drive, it creates a mount point under /sdcard/usbstorage. It’s possible the external drive is causing issues, I know Android M changed how you access storage too.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll try and setup a test using stickmount and see if I can cause/fix the problems.

that_kid
    Participant

So I installed the latest version and the app kept crashing. I tried the nightly and the same thing so I removed the app and data and did a fresh install and everything worked. I restored my data from titanium back and the app kept crashing so something must have been screwed up with my data. I did another clean install and setup Autosense and things have been fine. I can even access the music now. I’ll keep an eye on the background data usage and see if that improves too.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

One of the major potential issues is database upgrades.  It’s very picky.  Once the data has been upgraded it won’t allow it to happen again, which often happens.  It’s especially difficult with the nighly builds.

I’ve been wanting to add a built in backup/restore feature, but haven’t gotten to it.

The last couple of weeks I’ve been working full time plus I’ve had a few classes to go to.  On top of that my computer monitor crapped out.  I managed to get the pieces needed to fix that, now to get back at it 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.