Built My Shield

Home Forums Hardware AutoSense Shield Built My Shield

This topic contains 136 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes those other stations I believe only have 2 sub stations.. There are a few other stations I could not pick up for testing yesterday

As for the pushed build.. Arduino AND Android updates correct?

I have a class tonight so it may not be until tomorrow

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No worries about tonight or not.

This is just Android tonight.  I believe all the info is already available.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I think my Antenna sucks.. Monday I got a bunch of stations, tonight not so much..

Anyway, I saw that the HD displays.. But AM/FM still is not working.. press AM and I you get displayed in the middle if the screen is FM

I thought at first there was a difference of reception between your controller and OEM, but I think it is the antenna I have

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

AM/FM isn’t working?  It’s working fine for me… Can you get AM at all?  I can switch to AM and save presets.  And switching between them works fine.

If HD displays that’s good.  At least now I can detect if HD is tuned in or not.  Working on sub channels now.

Last night I pushed an update that fixes a bunch of little things too, did you download tonight? If yes you should have gotten the one with the fixes.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes, latest version I downloaded about 5 hours ago.. Correct when I Switch from Am to FM, it stays on FM.. Wonder if my Cable still has a loose connection..

EDIT: I reset the cache and database on the Android.. AM Works.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Must have been some code left over.  Glad it works.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So what is next on the shield?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

My thoughts are input and output configuration.  Gotta get that working nicely.

I’ve started, but it’s not functional yet.  It’s another big project.

But before that I want to finish the radio stuff.  It seems to be almost all working, just the HD stuff.  Sub channels mostly.  I don’t know why the provided number isn’t the actual number (7 is 3???)

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

0x07 is 3 or 0111b ??

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Like this for example

0? sub channels – 0xA4 0x08 0x05 0x02 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xB5 (90.3, 91.9, 92.5)
    2 sub channels – 0xA4 0x08 0x05 0x02 0x02 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xB8 (91.5, 92.3, 101.1)
    3 sub channels – 0xA4 0x08 0x05 0x02 0x02 0x00 0x07 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xBC (90.1)

From what I can figure out 0x00 is 0, 0x03 is 2, and 0x07 is 3.  I don’t know where 1 is in that mix.  Based on the 7 stations in your dump.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have to wonder if  HD1 is not really a sub station. It is the HD variant of the main FM station. The sub stations are outside of the main station

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Maybe HD1 is the main station, and it will show 0 if there are no additional, or 3 if there is 2 and 7 if there is 3.  Still the numbers don’t make much sense to me.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

looking at 0x03 and 0x07 in binary it is 2 bits vs 3 bits regardless of the actual number. so to a degree it does sort of make sense..  I would not personally have done it that way, unless internal to the Processor there is a reason

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah it is 011 and 111… If that’s the case it makes sense, but doesn’t follow any of the other conventions been used so far… I guess I’ll start with that and see how it works.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

in a box

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes those other stations I believe only have 2 sub stations.. There are a few other stations I could not pick up for testing yesterday

As for the pushed build.. Arduino AND Android updates correct?

I have a class tonight so it may not be until tomorrow

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No worries about tonight or not.

This is just Android tonight.  I believe all the info is already available.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I think my Antenna sucks.. Monday I got a bunch of stations, tonight not so much..

Anyway, I saw that the HD displays.. But AM/FM still is not working.. press AM and I you get displayed in the middle if the screen is FM

I thought at first there was a difference of reception between your controller and OEM, but I think it is the antenna I have

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

AM/FM isn’t working?  It’s working fine for me… Can you get AM at all?  I can switch to AM and save presets.  And switching between them works fine.

If HD displays that’s good.  At least now I can detect if HD is tuned in or not.  Working on sub channels now.

Last night I pushed an update that fixes a bunch of little things too, did you download tonight? If yes you should have gotten the one with the fixes.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes, latest version I downloaded about 5 hours ago.. Correct when I Switch from Am to FM, it stays on FM.. Wonder if my Cable still has a loose connection..

EDIT: I reset the cache and database on the Android.. AM Works.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Must have been some code left over.  Glad it works.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So what is next on the shield?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

My thoughts are input and output configuration.  Gotta get that working nicely.

I’ve started, but it’s not functional yet.  It’s another big project.

But before that I want to finish the radio stuff.  It seems to be almost all working, just the HD stuff.  Sub channels mostly.  I don’t know why the provided number isn’t the actual number (7 is 3???)

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

0x07 is 3 or 0111b ??

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Like this for example

0? sub channels – 0xA4 0x08 0x05 0x02 0x02 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xB5 (90.3, 91.9, 92.5)
    2 sub channels – 0xA4 0x08 0x05 0x02 0x02 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xB8 (91.5, 92.3, 101.1)
    3 sub channels – 0xA4 0x08 0x05 0x02 0x02 0x00 0x07 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xBC (90.1)

From what I can figure out 0x00 is 0, 0x03 is 2, and 0x07 is 3.  I don’t know where 1 is in that mix.  Based on the 7 stations in your dump.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I have to wonder if  HD1 is not really a sub station. It is the HD variant of the main FM station. The sub stations are outside of the main station

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Maybe HD1 is the main station, and it will show 0 if there are no additional, or 3 if there is 2 and 7 if there is 3.  Still the numbers don’t make much sense to me.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

looking at 0x03 and 0x07 in binary it is 2 bits vs 3 bits regardless of the actual number. so to a degree it does sort of make sense..  I would not personally have done it that way, unless internal to the Processor there is a reason

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah it is 011 and 111… If that’s the case it makes sense, but doesn’t follow any of the other conventions been used so far… I guess I’ll start with that and see how it works.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

in a box

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.