Finally, a new version

Home Forums Autosense Announcements Finally, a new version

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #111
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

    Hey guys.
    This has been a LONG one. I’m hoping I’ve got things working as they should be. After weeks of testing, finding out what didn’t work, doing it again I’ve finally got something that seems to work. The new update includes:
    New Arduino firmware. Make sure this updates. I’ve been mainly testing with an Arduino Due, but the testing in the Uno has all worked.
    Lots of database changes. I’ve done my best to make sure existing data migrates, but there is a possibility it won’t all work.
    Input buttons can currently control all the listed media controls
    You can configure the button to trigger on high, or on low
    Use an Event Bus for data transmission.
    Fixed a bug causing an Arduino to receive multiple commands after disconnect and reconnect
    Lots’s of other changes and fixes in the Arduino area. Still with more to come.

    For wiring input buttons, my suggestion is to pull the input high using a 10k resistor, and use the button to pull to ground. Debouncing is done in code so you shouldn’t need to worry about it.
    Here, have a digram:
    Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 12.14.46 PM.png

    Feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns, etc…

    I’ll push another update once I get more of the things working (like sensors).

    Eric

    #443
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

    Since you guys are so good at finding things that will cause crashes, I’ve fixed a few of them and pushed an update.
    I really need to learn more about automatic testing of code 😐 It’s on the list of things to learn

  • Author
    Posts
  • #111
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster
    • Offline

    Hey guys.
    This has been a LONG one. I’m hoping I’ve got things working as they should be. After weeks of testing, finding out what didn’t work, doing it again I’ve finally got something that seems to work. The new update includes:
    New Arduino firmware. Make sure this updates. I’ve been mainly testing with an Arduino Due, but the testing in the Uno has all worked.
    Lots of database changes. I’ve done my best to make sure existing data migrates, but there is a possibility it won’t all work.
    Input buttons can currently control all the listed media controls
    You can configure the button to trigger on high, or on low
    Use an Event Bus for data transmission.
    Fixed a bug causing an Arduino to receive multiple commands after disconnect and reconnect
    Lots’s of other changes and fixes in the Arduino area. Still with more to come.

    For wiring input buttons, my suggestion is to pull the input high using a 10k resistor, and use the button to pull to ground. Debouncing is done in code so you shouldn’t need to worry about it.
    Here, have a digram:
    Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 12.14.46 PM.png

    Feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns, etc…

    I’ll push another update once I get more of the things working (like sensors).

    Eric

    #443
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster
    • Offline

    Since you guys are so good at finding things that will cause crashes, I’ve fixed a few of them and pushed an update.
    I really need to learn more about automatic testing of code 😐 It’s on the list of things to learn

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.