HD Radio Presets

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion HD Radio Presets

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 1 year ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve finally added the ability to have more presets, @-Jeff- was requesting this.  For right now it’s 12, 6 on each side, 3 on each screen.

I’ve also changed the arrow icon for the scrolling between side bars.  If there is only one screen, the icon dims down to show it’s disabled.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Sweet..  Any other improvements? I have yet to try this on my new radio (which is not in the car yet)

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nothing user facing.  Backend stuff, library updates, code deprecation, things like that.  I’m trying to remember what all has been reported and work on it.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

anything backend for the HD radio? I was having troubles with it staying connected or connecting/detecting sometimes

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

A few changes, yes. I don’t know if they’ll help or not though. I need to hook things up more closely to how they would be in the car. Maybe then I can reproduce more easily.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I installed it on my new radio.. it crash 3 times on launch. I have to try it on my other radio in the car still

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmm, really? I don’t see any crash reports from today at all.  Did you see anything at all before the crash?  Is Google Play Services up to date?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I will go try it again

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok..

Crashes on launch. but then it show the Autosense icon in the bar.. Very weird

I cannot get it to recognize the DUE. I have a USB (A) Female on the radio, I used the USB to Micro charging cable to go from the Radio to the DUE.  I am not sure how I can use the OTG cable on the new radio to try and detect the DUE.

On Newsmy. On a fresh boot, it might find the Due, it might not. same is HD Tuner. If I do a reset ( from button of Due) it detects it. Sometimes the tuner gets lost and I cannot control it. I also noticed if i select radio presets it seems like it resets the Tuner. not quite sure on that one.

I have to wonder if there is some timing issues going on maybe?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmmm.  What version of Android is your radio running?  Google play is installed and up to date?  Still haven’t seen a crash report, it’s online too?

As for the Due issue, is the USB female the only port?  Is there a micro USB?  Can you plug the radio into the computer to flash firmware or anything? What model of radio did you buy again, I can look at the user manual to see if I can find anything to help.

For the Newsmy, I think the majority of the inconstancy is the version of Android (I know, a cop-out excuse).  Maybe it’s a shotty cable though?  If the Due isn’t discovered the radio won’t be either, it’s a prerequisite for the radio.  Once the Due is connected though, the radio should work fine.

Did you fix the cable?  Maybe there’s a loose solder connection on the shield?  Any loose connections would cause inconsistent behavour.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

5.1.1 and yes up to data and connected to WiFi, I am able to download to it as well.

I will try in again in a couple weeks.. busy traveling

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve finally added the ability to have more presets, @-Jeff- was requesting this.  For right now it’s 12, 6 on each side, 3 on each screen.

I’ve also changed the arrow icon for the scrolling between side bars.  If there is only one screen, the icon dims down to show it’s disabled.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Sweet..  Any other improvements? I have yet to try this on my new radio (which is not in the car yet)

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nothing user facing.  Backend stuff, library updates, code deprecation, things like that.  I’m trying to remember what all has been reported and work on it.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

anything backend for the HD radio? I was having troubles with it staying connected or connecting/detecting sometimes

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

A few changes, yes. I don’t know if they’ll help or not though. I need to hook things up more closely to how they would be in the car. Maybe then I can reproduce more easily.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I installed it on my new radio.. it crash 3 times on launch. I have to try it on my other radio in the car still

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmm, really? I don’t see any crash reports from today at all.  Did you see anything at all before the crash?  Is Google Play Services up to date?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I will go try it again

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok..

Crashes on launch. but then it show the Autosense icon in the bar.. Very weird

I cannot get it to recognize the DUE. I have a USB (A) Female on the radio, I used the USB to Micro charging cable to go from the Radio to the DUE.  I am not sure how I can use the OTG cable on the new radio to try and detect the DUE.

On Newsmy. On a fresh boot, it might find the Due, it might not. same is HD Tuner. If I do a reset ( from button of Due) it detects it. Sometimes the tuner gets lost and I cannot control it. I also noticed if i select radio presets it seems like it resets the Tuner. not quite sure on that one.

I have to wonder if there is some timing issues going on maybe?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmmm.  What version of Android is your radio running?  Google play is installed and up to date?  Still haven’t seen a crash report, it’s online too?

As for the Due issue, is the USB female the only port?  Is there a micro USB?  Can you plug the radio into the computer to flash firmware or anything? What model of radio did you buy again, I can look at the user manual to see if I can find anything to help.

For the Newsmy, I think the majority of the inconstancy is the version of Android (I know, a cop-out excuse).  Maybe it’s a shotty cable though?  If the Due isn’t discovered the radio won’t be either, it’s a prerequisite for the radio.  Once the Due is connected though, the radio should work fine.

Did you fix the cable?  Maybe there’s a loose solder connection on the shield?  Any loose connections would cause inconsistent behavour.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

5.1.1 and yes up to data and connected to WiFi, I am able to download to it as well.

I will try in again in a couple weeks.. busy traveling

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.