HD Tuner capability

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion HD Tuner capability

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Wondering how to handle the audio for that tuner ??

Here is some command info

http://andy.dynamicbits.com/hdradio/

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome, thanks Jeff

I have emailed Mitch, the HD tuner guy, asking for the pinout and command set for the HD Tuner. Seeing as it’s supported in other front ends, I don’t see why this info shouldn’t be hard to acquire.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric

Tuner was sent out today, sorry for the delay

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thanks Jeff

No worries on the delay, I’ve been so busy with the rest of the code that I wouldn’t have done anything with it yet anyways 😉

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

You ever get information from Mitch? If you are able to connect through the Arduino or even if you can wrap the driver in the APK That would open up the possibilities on what can control it..

I really like having just android in the car, but would like s

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

I found a site that listed all the control commands. That’s should be all that’s needed to implement a nice tuner function in the app. It’s just a serial connection to the HD radio so that could either be handled by the arduino or by a USB to serial ada

that_kid
    Participant

Here’s a site that has some good control info http://halblog.com/hdradiocontroller.html oh and I posted this via Tapatalk Thanks.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Mitch never got back to me. I did find the site that has the info I believe. Once it arrives and I start on this aspect I’ll look into it deeper.
    If I connect to the Arduino there will be no additional drivers needed. The FTDI driver that talks with th

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve received the tuner, thanks Jeff.

I took it apart and took a quick look at things, and it looks like it should be fairly simple to work with. I will use the data provided, plus whatever else I can find, and anything else I need I should be able to r

Profile photo of rob.1bmf
    rob.1bmf
    Participant

eric I read this post im interested in this to , as for audio it should not be a problem for me I don’t think
    this is something I found for the Radxa Rock Pro

Are both audio in and out on the 80 pin??
    Audio in is on the 80 pin headers and audio out is on

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

My problem is all the hardware is different, some has input and most doesn’t. So coming up with a solution that will work for most/all is difficult. I’m leaning towards getting the device Jeff has bought, the 2 din Android based stereo. It has input, b

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

My problem is all the hardware is different, some has input and most doesn’t. So coming up with a solution that will work for most/all is difficult. I’m leaning towards getting the device Jeff has bought, the 2 din Andro

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I probably won’t be able to do anything about their app and AVIN without docs of some sort. I imagine they *could* change it, but won’t. If they ran a service the audio could be routed I imagine, but the video would be closed.
    For the controller for the

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What are your plans for handling the audio on the HD Tuner?

I will probably not install that this spring but will plan on leaving room for it.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The best idea I’ve come up with is designing and building a mixer board that Autosense has control over.
    In all honesty I rarely listen to the radio, and in my current car the antenna isn’t even hooked up and I’ve not once wish it had been. So getting a

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Wondering how to handle the audio for that tuner ??

Here is some command info

http://andy.dynamicbits.com/hdradio/

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome, thanks Jeff

I have emailed Mitch, the HD tuner guy, asking for the pinout and command set for the HD Tuner. Seeing as it’s supported in other front ends, I don’t see why this info shouldn’t be hard to acquire.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric

Tuner was sent out today, sorry for the delay

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Thanks Jeff

No worries on the delay, I’ve been so busy with the rest of the code that I wouldn’t have done anything with it yet anyways 😉

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

You ever get information from Mitch? If you are able to connect through the Arduino or even if you can wrap the driver in the APK That would open up the possibilities on what can control it..

I really like having just android in the car, but would like s

that_kid
    Participant

I found a site that listed all the control commands. That’s should be all that’s needed to implement a nice tuner function in the app. It’s just a serial connection to the HD radio so that could either be handled by the arduino or by a USB to serial ada

that_kid
    Participant

Here’s a site that has some good control info http://halblog.com/hdradiocontroller.html oh and I posted this via Tapatalk Thanks.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Mitch never got back to me. I did find the site that has the info I believe. Once it arrives and I start on this aspect I’ll look into it deeper.
    If I connect to the Arduino there will be no additional drivers needed. The FTDI driver that talks with th

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve received the tuner, thanks Jeff.

I took it apart and took a quick look at things, and it looks like it should be fairly simple to work with. I will use the data provided, plus whatever else I can find, and anything else I need I should be able to r

Profile photo of rob.1bmf
    rob.1bmf
    Participant

eric I read this post im interested in this to , as for audio it should not be a problem for me I don’t think
    this is something I found for the Radxa Rock Pro

Are both audio in and out on the 80 pin??
    Audio in is on the 80 pin headers and audio out is on

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

My problem is all the hardware is different, some has input and most doesn’t. So coming up with a solution that will work for most/all is difficult. I’m leaning towards getting the device Jeff has bought, the 2 din Android based stereo. It has input, b

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

My problem is all the hardware is different, some has input and most doesn’t. So coming up with a solution that will work for most/all is difficult. I’m leaning towards getting the device Jeff has bought, the 2 din Andro

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I probably won’t be able to do anything about their app and AVIN without docs of some sort. I imagine they *could* change it, but won’t. If they ran a service the audio could be routed I imagine, but the video would be closed.
    For the controller for the

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

What are your plans for handling the audio on the HD Tuner?

I will probably not install that this spring but will plan on leaving room for it.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The best idea I’ve come up with is designing and building a mixer board that Autosense has control over.
    In all honesty I rarely listen to the radio, and in my current car the antenna isn’t even hooked up and I’ve not once wish it had been. So getting a

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.