HDTuner ideas…

Home Forums Software Suggestions HDTuner ideas…

This topic contains 65 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

If you go the mixer route I could incorporate the control function into my minidsp code which could switch the minidsp to the analog input that the HD tuner is connected to.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think the mixer route is a better generic solution that would fit with more people. However, if I could detect specific hardware, such as the radio, enable other options to control the aux inputs. I’m not too fond of having to try and support every ra

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve got Autosense controlling the HD Tuner 😀 😀
    Currentl

that_kid
    Participant

Nice can’t wait to try it out. Funny as I haven’t had a radio in my car in years, still it’ll be nice to have that functionality again.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m in the same boat. Very rarely have I missed it, but having the option would be nice. Now to figure out the audio part 😕

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve got a basic audio switch working on my desk. I think I’ll come up with a design for a PCB shortly. I can use the Due to control which input is switched to which output. In theory I can connect the Due’s DAC and then a single USB cable could be

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool deal.. Have you had time for any other updates?

I still need to mount the DUE and related pieces in the car.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been working on the software. I’ve had to make a change to the audio source handling in Autosense. I’m working on an internal selected which will send commands down to the hardware to match the selected source. So currently there is two sources, t

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I am not in any rush for mounting it.. as I need to find it a home and the HDTuner.. I have a good spot that is easy to get to.. so I should be good.. I still need to install the temps sensors as well.. maybe this winter

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m thinking of making a shield for the Due that includes the audio switch, EEPROM, and some better terminals for attaching wires. Is there anything you’d like to see to make things easier?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I’m thinking of making a shield for the Due that includes the audio switch, EEPROM, and some better terminals for attaching wires. Is there anything you’d like to see to make things easier?

Nothing I can

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I was thinking some connections for the temperature sensors and stuff to make them easy to plug in and unplug if needed

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I was thinking some connections for the temperature sensors and stuff to make them easy to plug in and unplug if needed

Oh, that would be nice, but then if you sell the shield, include the connectors for

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s the thought. Include connectors for temp sensors, the hookup for the HD Tuner, maybe the circuitry required for CANBUS, the audio switcher. And then some screw terminals for passthrough to connect relays and buttons and such.
    Like these [attachme

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

One nice thing I’ve though of by me designing a shield, I can do a lot of the config automatically. For example, I can have the shield identify itself to Autosense, and then it knows that what pins the temperature sensors are on, and which pins are avail

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

If you go the mixer route I could incorporate the control function into my minidsp code which could switch the minidsp to the analog input that the HD tuner is connected to.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think the mixer route is a better generic solution that would fit with more people. However, if I could detect specific hardware, such as the radio, enable other options to control the aux inputs. I’m not too fond of having to try and support every ra

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve got Autosense controlling the HD Tuner 😀 😀
    Currentl

that_kid
    Participant

Nice can’t wait to try it out. Funny as I haven’t had a radio in my car in years, still it’ll be nice to have that functionality again.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m in the same boat. Very rarely have I missed it, but having the option would be nice. Now to figure out the audio part 😕

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’ve got a basic audio switch working on my desk. I think I’ll come up with a design for a PCB shortly. I can use the Due to control which input is switched to which output. In theory I can connect the Due’s DAC and then a single USB cable could be

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool deal.. Have you had time for any other updates?

I still need to mount the DUE and related pieces in the car.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been working on the software. I’ve had to make a change to the audio source handling in Autosense. I’m working on an internal selected which will send commands down to the hardware to match the selected source. So currently there is two sources, t

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I am not in any rush for mounting it.. as I need to find it a home and the HDTuner.. I have a good spot that is easy to get to.. so I should be good.. I still need to install the temps sensors as well.. maybe this winter

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Nothing I can

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Oh, that would be nice, but then if you sell the shield, include the connectors for

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s the thought. Include connectors for temp sensors, the hookup for the HD Tuner, maybe the circuitry required for CANBUS, the audio switcher. And then some screw terminals for passthrough to connect relays and buttons and such.
    Like these [attachme

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

One nice thing I’ve though of by me designing a shield, I can do a lot of the config automatically. For example, I can have the shield identify itself to Autosense, and then it knows that what pins the temperature sensors are on, and which pins are avail

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.