HDTuner ideas…

Home Forums Software Suggestions HDTuner ideas…

This topic contains 65 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

I’m going to order another one myself, at first I couldn’t think of a reason to have more than 2 but then I thought about adding a tablet to my wifes car so back to ebay I go.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Feature Request:

On launch of HD tuner, can I get a custom intent? like the volume? this would be for my audio switching

Also if I want to stop the HD Tuner, do I close it? if so, I would want a second intent on close..

Otherwise I am not quite sure how I will switch audio in my unit..

THANKS

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think I’ll keep it similar to what I’ve got designed for the shield switching. You’ll define your “Sources”, in your case HD Radio, and Internal Audio. But instead of selecting “Input 1” and “Input 2”, you’ll changed them to be intents. Then when configuring your button for HD Radio, you’ll select the source “HD Radio”. Then when the button is pressed it switches to that source and stays there until you play some internal music or something else that needs the “Internal Source”

That’s what I’ve started with the shield, it shouldn’t be to much to add your custom intent options.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Awesome that sounds like it should work

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Alright, what I’ve got right now. You can add custom intents to ANY button. So in your case, create or edit your “HD Tuner” button. In the new “Custom Intent” field, add your intent to change source. Now as soon as you press the HD Tuner button on the home screen that intent will fire. There is no error checking for if it’s valid or not, because ANYTHING could be a valid intent.

Now you’ll stay on the HD Tuner input. To get back, add another custom intent, but this time to the music button. Use this one to change back to your internal audio source. Add the same intent for anything that needs internal audio such as another media player.

I’ll push this to latest nightly so you can try it out if you’d like.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool.. I am going to need the Shield to test it completely (as well as time) I will need to order the shield.. hoping next week

• Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

I’m going to order another one myself, at first I couldn’t think of a reason to have more than 2 but then I thought about adding a tablet to my wifes car so back to ebay I go.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Feature Request:

On launch of HD tuner, can I get a custom intent? like the volume? this would be for my audio switching

Also if I want to stop the HD Tuner, do I close it? if so, I would want a second intent on close..

Otherwise I am not quite sure how I will switch audio in my unit..

THANKS

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think I’ll keep it similar to what I’ve got designed for the shield switching. You’ll define your “Sources”, in your case HD Radio, and Internal Audio. But instead of selecting “Input 1” and “Input 2”, you’ll changed them to be intents. Then when configuring your button for HD Radio, you’ll select the source “HD Radio”. Then when the button is pressed it switches to that source and stays there until you play some internal music or something else that needs the “Internal Source”

That’s what I’ve started with the shield, it shouldn’t be to much to add your custom intent options.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Awesome that sounds like it should work

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Alright, what I’ve got right now. You can add custom intents to ANY button. So in your case, create or edit your “HD Tuner” button. In the new “Custom Intent” field, add your intent to change source. Now as soon as you press the HD Tuner button on the home screen that intent will fire. There is no error checking for if it’s valid or not, because ANYTHING could be a valid intent.

Now you’ll stay on the HD Tuner input. To get back, add another custom intent, but this time to the music button. Use this one to change back to your internal audio source. Add the same intent for anything that needs internal audio such as another media player.

I’ll push this to latest nightly so you can try it out if you’d like.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool.. I am going to need the Shield to test it completely (as well as time) I will need to order the shield.. hoping next week

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.