HDTuner – nightly

Home Forums Software Bug Reports HDTuner – nightly

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I might have previously posted this

With the latest nightly for but android and arduino, the HD tuner is not completely working. From what I can tell, the Temperature on the Autosense board works and reports, but everytime I select a station on the HDTuner the tuner ‘click’ and essentially resets it seems. I reflashed the Arduino and the error persists.

I was trying this on my old NU3001 along with the Tuner as they were sitting on the bench. I also think I have a good answer for powering the Tuner on off and getting it to react with android. I know your bench is not set up, but after having HD radio in my daily for a few months I would like it in my fun car, so depending on what I end up doing, I might swap the NU3001 back and adding the volume control.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s weird because when I had it on the bench it was working. I wonder if it has something to do with the Android device itself?

The click you hear is the relay power cycling the tuner, as Autosense thinks it’s lost connectivity.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Hmm, losing power.. I think I need a beefier power supply, which I have delayed on ordering, but will do that today. I have been spoiled for the last 6 months as my daily driver has HD Radio ( as well as SXM) so I like that.. I want to use the HD tuner in my other car, The NU3001 has enough ability to do that, I just need to attenuate the HD Radio audio, as it is louder that Android, this way I can level match. I do know that with the AUX input, I don’t believe if I used turn by turn that is will blend with the AUX.

I have an HDtuner app that works well, as has a bunch of presets. the radio on my Joying will lose all presets if I remove power (annoying)

I am working on installing a DSP in my car as well, that has a master volume knob which I will use as well as the android volume, but I need to make a custom mount for it to make me happy.

I seem to recall the backlight adjustment of the NU3001 to suck or be no existent, I don’t even think it has a sensor. IF I can get the HDTuner to work with your app and more power then great!! I also figured out the Intent for the channel to change the audio input..

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I might have previously posted this

With the latest nightly for but android and arduino, the HD tuner is not completely working. From what I can tell, the Temperature on the Autosense board works and reports, but everytime I select a station on the HDTuner the tuner ‘click’ and essentially resets it seems. I reflashed the Arduino and the error persists.

I was trying this on my old NU3001 along with the Tuner as they were sitting on the bench. I also think I have a good answer for powering the Tuner on off and getting it to react with android. I know your bench is not set up, but after having HD radio in my daily for a few months I would like it in my fun car, so depending on what I end up doing, I might swap the NU3001 back and adding the volume control.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s weird because when I had it on the bench it was working. I wonder if it has something to do with the Android device itself?

The click you hear is the relay power cycling the tuner, as Autosense thinks it’s lost connectivity.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Hmm, losing power.. I think I need a beefier power supply, which I have delayed on ordering, but will do that today. I have been spoiled for the last 6 months as my daily driver has HD Radio ( as well as SXM) so I like that.. I want to use the HD tuner in my other car, The NU3001 has enough ability to do that, I just need to attenuate the HD Radio audio, as it is louder that Android, this way I can level match. I do know that with the AUX input, I don’t believe if I used turn by turn that is will blend with the AUX.

I have an HDtuner app that works well, as has a bunch of presets. the radio on my Joying will lose all presets if I remove power (annoying)

I am working on installing a DSP in my car as well, that has a master volume knob which I will use as well as the android volume, but I need to make a custom mount for it to make me happy.

I seem to recall the backlight adjustment of the NU3001 to suck or be no existent, I don’t even think it has a sensor. IF I can get the HDTuner to work with your app and more power then great!! I also figured out the Intent for the channel to change the audio input..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.