How to hookup Arduino Due to Android

Home Forums Hardware Arduino Due How to hookup Arduino Due to Android

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Wow nice, once I have my new work bench area setup I can dive back into adding more functions to what I have installed in the truck. With the DUE firmware is there a way to start out with a sketch like the one I have working right now then add the part t

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand the question.

that_kid
    Participant

After I manually flash my DUE how can I use the sketch I’ve written? Is that even possible?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No. It’s one or the other.

that_kid
    Participant

OK I figured it couldn’t be done but wanted to ask just to be sure. How do you handle the i2c side of things for your gauges and other peripheral?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve written a custom library to handle all the I2C code. It packages up the data and takes care of reattempts and such. The gauges them self are hooked up directly to an ATMega328 (Uno) and it takes care of the control for them. It then updates the An

that_kid
    Participant

Oh so you’re using multiple Arduinos. I was thinking about that too, having one just for the tablet buttons, rotary encoders and lights then connect that one to the DUE and have the DUE do most of the lifting.

that_kid
    Participant

So now that I have a little time to work on this some more I have found that I may not be able to use the DUE as an accessory. The DUE needs to be in host mode and I need the tablet to be in host mode in order to use my DAC. Am I correct that the DUE ne

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid wrote:

Oh so you’re using multiple Arduinos. I was thinking about that too, having one just for the tablet buttons, rotary encoders and lights then connect that one to the DUE and have the DUE do most of the lifting.[/quote:

that_kid
    Participant

Yup that’s what I was thinking too. I’ll start moving things over to the other board. This looks to be the best solution as I have only one DUE but two Duemilanoves and one of them is already installed in the car along with a CANBUS shield.

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

Wow nice, once I have my new work bench area setup I can dive back into adding more functions to what I have installed in the truck. With the DUE firmware is there a way to start out with a sketch like the one I have working right now then add the part t

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand the question.

that_kid
    Participant

After I manually flash my DUE how can I use the sketch I’ve written? Is that even possible?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No. It’s one or the other.

that_kid
    Participant

OK I figured it couldn’t be done but wanted to ask just to be sure. How do you handle the i2c side of things for your gauges and other peripheral?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve written a custom library to handle all the I2C code. It packages up the data and takes care of reattempts and such. The gauges them self are hooked up directly to an ATMega328 (Uno) and it takes care of the control for them. It then updates the An

that_kid
    Participant

Oh so you’re using multiple Arduinos. I was thinking about that too, having one just for the tablet buttons, rotary encoders and lights then connect that one to the DUE and have the DUE do most of the lifting.

that_kid
    Participant

So now that I have a little time to work on this some more I have found that I may not be able to use the DUE as an accessory. The DUE needs to be in host mode and I need the tablet to be in host mode in order to use my DAC. Am I correct that the DUE ne

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid wrote:

Oh so you’re using multiple Arduinos. I was thinking about that too, having one just for the tablet buttons, rotary encoders and lights then connect that one to the DUE and have the DUE do most of the lifting.[/quote:

that_kid
    Participant

Yup that’s what I was thinking too. I’ll start moving things over to the other board. This looks to be the best solution as I have only one DUE but two Duemilanoves and one of them is already installed in the car along with a CANBUS shield.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.