Media Control Intents

Home Forums Software Bug Reports Media Control Intents

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

I remember that at some point Autosense responded to media control intents but now it doesn’t. Will this functionality return?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have switched from system broadcasts to local broadcasts for performance reasons. I can easily switch back and allow that functionality again.

that_kid
    Participant

That would be cool if you can switch it back. That’ll allow me to use the built in media app. Also where are the playlists stored in Autosense?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I can enable global intents, but I’m not sure what you’re using. Autosense doesn’t respond to other broadcasts at the moment.
    Playlists are stored in a database. There isn’t an API for playlist management, so it’s something I’ve had to do from scratch,

that_kid
    Participant

Right now I’m using Tasker to send Play/Pause media intents when the car and tablet turns off/on

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. I’ll just reallow global intents and that should do it.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been refactoring code, and I forgot that the media service got an overhaul to fit the new pattern, but the overall code was basically the same. Long story short I’ve re-allowed the media intents for previous, playpause, play, pause, next, and stop.

that_kid
    Participant

Great I’ll give this a try

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Did you get a chance to try these out?

that_kid
    Participant

Not yet but I can try it out later today.

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

I remember that at some point Autosense responded to media control intents but now it doesn’t. Will this functionality return?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have switched from system broadcasts to local broadcasts for performance reasons. I can easily switch back and allow that functionality again.

that_kid
    Participant

That would be cool if you can switch it back. That’ll allow me to use the built in media app. Also where are the playlists stored in Autosense?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I can enable global intents, but I’m not sure what you’re using. Autosense doesn’t respond to other broadcasts at the moment.
    Playlists are stored in a database. There isn’t an API for playlist management, so it’s something I’ve had to do from scratch,

that_kid
    Participant

Right now I’m using Tasker to send Play/Pause media intents when the car and tablet turns off/on

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. I’ll just reallow global intents and that should do it.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been refactoring code, and I forgot that the media service got an overhaul to fit the new pattern, but the overall code was basically the same. Long story short I’ve re-allowed the media intents for previous, playpause, play, pause, next, and stop.

that_kid
    Participant

Great I’ll give this a try

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Did you get a chance to try these out?

that_kid
    Participant

Not yet but I can try it out later today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.