Music crash in Marshmallow

Home Forums Software Bug Reports Music crash in Marshmallow

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid is that you having all those crashes with the music player?  I see a Nexus 7 with Marshmallow crashing a lot.

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Yeah that was me.  It seems that Autosense doesn’t like it when an external drive is not available and you try to have it do something in the music menu.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. Probably the new permission model. I found a marshmallow image for my 2012 nexus I’m going to try. If it’s an external drive issue that will help narrow it down

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I got Marshmallow running on my 2012, and wow, it’s so much faster than Lollipop. I can start testing everything, but so far things seem good.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Lots of things aren’t working. It sure looks like permission issues. I think it’s going to be a long battle to get all of them 🙁

that_kid
    Participant

What things couldn’t you get working?  Yes it’s much faster than lollipop, I noticed the speed improvements immediately.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

anything that needed location services wouldn’t work for me. so weather, maps, autocomplete. and other random stuff crashed too.
    it might be the image i have, since it’s hacked together.

that_kid
    Participant

I haven’t tried the location services, I’ll see if I have the same crashes.  So far everything has worked great minus the crashes when the external storage disappeared

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

@that_kid is that you having all those crashes with the music player?  I see a Nexus 7 with Marshmallow crashing a lot.

that_kid
    Participant

Yeah that was me.  It seems that Autosense doesn’t like it when an external drive is not available and you try to have it do something in the music menu.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. Probably the new permission model. I found a marshmallow image for my 2012 nexus I’m going to try. If it’s an external drive issue that will help narrow it down

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I got Marshmallow running on my 2012, and wow, it’s so much faster than Lollipop. I can start testing everything, but so far things seem good.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Lots of things aren’t working. It sure looks like permission issues. I think it’s going to be a long battle to get all of them 🙁

that_kid
    Participant

What things couldn’t you get working?  Yes it’s much faster than lollipop, I noticed the speed improvements immediately.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

anything that needed location services wouldn’t work for me. so weather, maps, autocomplete. and other random stuff crashed too.
    it might be the image i have, since it’s hacked together.

that_kid
    Participant

I haven’t tried the location services, I’ll see if I have the same crashes.  So far everything has worked great minus the crashes when the external storage disappeared

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.