New release

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion New release

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys.

New update pushed. But since the name change the auto update won’t work. You’ll likely need to uninstall and reinstall. New A

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

Oh great I’ll install this new version and give it a go. That sucks about the OTG acting flaky. On my original Nexus 7 I had to tighten up the micro USB port a few times otherwise it would cause a lot of issues.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I don’t know what the problem is with the OTG. I’ve tried 3 OTG cables and none of them work. But, using my Due as an accessory works perfect. It looks like the tablet isn’t supplying power.

that_kid
    Participant

Does the tablet charge when you plugged in?

that_kid
    Participant

Eric which Arduinos are supported right now? I tried with my DUE but I couldn’t see the config screen. I’m looking under the settings>arduino>Setup Master IO section. Also which conenctions are we supposed to use with the DUE, ie otg on the table

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Check out the new posts in the Arduino Due forum. I have posted instructions.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I tried it on my N7 2013 and it does not seen to detect it and show the board layout, centre of the screen stays blank. I will not be able to test it on my N7 2012 until a later date

Oh I am using the red board

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

When you plug the Redboard in you’re using an OTG cable right? Does the tablet detect and ask if you want to connect this device?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes.. My ALDLdroid program and nexus media importer are on the prompt list.. I cancel on that prompt

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That might be the problem. Is Autosense listed as well? They are all picking up the FTDI chip when plugged in.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Uninstalled both.. Reinstalled autosense.. Still the same issue.. What code if any needs to be on red board. I have the shipping code that flashes the led

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Right now nothing needs to be on the Redboard for it to be recognized.
    I am personally having issues with mine, it’s not getting power and not being recognized. But that shouldn’t be causing your problems.

I believe that_kid has got his duemilanove be

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Let me know what to try next.. No rush.. I’ve I said this is my other tablet. I cannot get the 2012 until I remove it to access the USB.

I know the OTG cable works as I was accessing a USB drive earlier today

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I guess first make sure your redboard is in fact got a FTDI chip. When you plug it in is Autosense even an option to connect? I just checked mine and it’s working again :roll:

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Windows, I can check it when connected to my pc

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys.

New update pushed. But since the name change the auto update won’t work. You’ll likely need to uninstall and reinstall. New A

that_kid
    Participant

Oh great I’ll install this new version and give it a go. That sucks about the OTG acting flaky. On my original Nexus 7 I had to tighten up the micro USB port a few times otherwise it would cause a lot of issues.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I don’t know what the problem is with the OTG. I’ve tried 3 OTG cables and none of them work. But, using my Due as an accessory works perfect. It looks like the tablet isn’t supplying power.

that_kid
    Participant

Does the tablet charge when you plugged in?

that_kid
    Participant

Eric which Arduinos are supported right now? I tried with my DUE but I couldn’t see the config screen. I’m looking under the settings>arduino>Setup Master IO section. Also which conenctions are we supposed to use with the DUE, ie otg on the table

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Check out the new posts in the Arduino Due forum. I have posted instructions.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I tried it on my N7 2013 and it does not seen to detect it and show the board layout, centre of the screen stays blank. I will not be able to test it on my N7 2012 until a later date

Oh I am using the red board

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

When you plug the Redboard in you’re using an OTG cable right? Does the tablet detect and ask if you want to connect this device?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes.. My ALDLdroid program and nexus media importer are on the prompt list.. I cancel on that prompt

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That might be the problem. Is Autosense listed as well? They are all picking up the FTDI chip when plugged in.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Uninstalled both.. Reinstalled autosense.. Still the same issue.. What code if any needs to be on red board. I have the shipping code that flashes the led

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Right now nothing needs to be on the Redboard for it to be recognized.
    I am personally having issues with mine, it’s not getting power and not being recognized. But that shouldn’t be causing your problems.

I believe that_kid has got his duemilanove be

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Let me know what to try next.. No rush.. I’ve I said this is my other tablet. I cannot get the 2012 until I remove it to access the USB.

I know the OTG cable works as I was accessing a USB drive earlier today

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I guess first make sure your redboard is in fact got a FTDI chip. When you plug it in is Autosense even an option to connect? I just checked mine and it’s working again :roll:

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Windows, I can check it when connected to my pc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.