Odroid C2

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Odroid C2

This topic contains 35 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

There’s an optional emmc flash module which is much faster than sd but the price per gig is high.  I’m going to get the 32 gig module which is $39.  I have 32 gigs in my Nexus 7 which seems to be enough as far as onboars space.  I have a 256 gig ssd for music and video.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid.
    Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

I have 16 GB emmc , and i have a lot of space , the music and other things is on usb stick or sd card, or in your case you can use ssd.
    I have also ssd but i don’t use it because i have 64 GB micro sd card and 32GB usb stick it is a lot of space for music.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That sounds good.  I agree with you, 32 gig should be enough for system, and use an SSD for music.  That’s what I did in my Udoo while it was running.

that_kid
    Participant

I ordered a c2 with 7″ screen, emmc and bluetooth module.  I’m also going to order the x300 expansion board, since it has wifi onboard I won’t need to buy another wifi module.  This will take a little time to make it to the car, I have either modify the face plate I have now or create a new one.  I’m thinking of doing a new one since the new screen allows me to orient the buttons horizontally.  In the meantime I’ll get everything built up on the bench.  I saw that someone had can bus working in android so that’s one area that I’ll really be working on getting setup.  Not to mention all the great things I can do with those gpio’s.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

that_kid..

detail on where you ordered everything from.. Interested in this as well

that_kid
    Participant

I got everything but the x300 expansion board from http://ameridroid.com/ , I purchased the x300 from amazon.  Ameridroid is the authorized US retailer and the only big price markup was on the emmc and that wasn’t very much.

that_kid
    Participant

All my parts are here.  I’m in the process of making a backup of my Nexus 7 2013 so I can move all my apps over to the Odroid.  So far the Odroid seems very snappy, I’ll be able to report back more once I get all the apps installed.  Time for me to start learning more about Android programming.  I may be able to either fully replace my need for the Arduino I’m using as the front panel controls or at the very least minimize what I need the Arduino to do.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome.

If the Odroid can replace the Arduino and everything else works, that may be the direction to head in…

idorel77
    Participant

@that_kid tell me if you can install autosense. And i wait your opinion after you install all you need.
    The board is not perfect but have potential and nice support.

that_kid
    Participant

@idorel77 Yes I was able to install Autosense.  I had issues restoring Autosense from my titanium backup but I was able to restore the add data just fine once I install Autosense from the apk.  I updated the su binaries which help fix some of the issues I was having with restoring things from Titanium backup.  So far I’m very impressed with the Odroid’s performance.  A couple things I had to work through

1. Odroid kept booting with 1080p resolution while connected to the Odroid vu7+ even though I had the resolution set in the boot.ini (resolution – you need a space in front of the setenv dvimode “1024X600p60hz” command.
    2. Was able to browse media on my usb ssd stick but Autosense and other apps wasn’t scanning the media directory. (resolution – install stick mount)

I’ve been looking through the HK forums and I think this will be a very good option going forward.  There are still things I need to work on like adding can bus but someone has socketcan working on the c1 so getting that working on the c2 should be very possible.  I haven’t tried the sata port of the X300 yet but wifi works great along with the optical digital out.  I still have to try my usb gps and see how that works out.  I was able to pair my bluetooth gps but couldn’t get any signals in the basement.

The vu7+ is nice, the backlight is a tad bright but I haven’t tried it in the car to compare it to the Nexus 7.  I was able to modify the vu7+ to control the backlight, now I have to learn some android programming and get all these things integrated.

idorel77
    Participant

Than is very strange why i can’t install autosense. Downloaded many times , try it with fresh install , 2 boards , 3 os’s ….

For resolution try to use odroid utility.

For gps you should edit build.prop .

that_kid
    Participant

Wow that’s strange that you can’t install autosense, what errors do you get?  I updated to the latest android build before installing anything, then I installed the Google apps then everything else.  I tried using the odroid utility but it didn’t work.  That’s one of the reasons it took me a while to get things going because all the instructions said that the latest builds had everything built in and also the odroid utility could also make the changes but it didn’t in my case.  I wonder if I should’ve just used the odroid utility and not even edit the ini file.

idorel77
    Participant

Normal install, i have no error just *Not intalled*
    with adb install:
    192-168-0-104:Odroid dorel$ adb install Autosense-nightly-armv7.apk
    7905 KB/s (5533486 bytes in 0.683s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/Autosense-nightly-armv7.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]
    —-
    For me working with odroid utility.

that_kid
    Participant

That’s very interesting.  FWIW I have the stable version installed but i was able to install the nightly version too.  The dev version crashed when I tried to use my existing app data but worked when I clear the app data allowed the app to create database.  I’ll install the latest night again now that I have the stable version all setup and see if I get any issues.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have the feeling it’s gapps.  I don’t have any proof to back it up, but the missing library points me to gapps.

• Author
    that_kid
    Participant

There’s an optional emmc flash module which is much faster than sd but the price per gig is high.  I’m going to get the 32 gig module which is $39.  I have 32 gigs in my Nexus 7 which seems to be enough as far as onboars space.  I have a 256 gig ssd for music and video.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid.
    idorel77
    Participant

I have 16 GB emmc , and i have a lot of space , the music and other things is on usb stick or sd card, or in your case you can use ssd.
    I have also ssd but i don’t use it because i have 64 GB micro sd card and 32GB usb stick it is a lot of space for music.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That sounds good.  I agree with you, 32 gig should be enough for system, and use an SSD for music.  That’s what I did in my Udoo while it was running.

that_kid
    Participant

I ordered a c2 with 7″ screen, emmc and bluetooth module.  I’m also going to order the x300 expansion board, since it has wifi onboard I won’t need to buy another wifi module.  This will take a little time to make it to the car, I have either modify the face plate I have now or create a new one.  I’m thinking of doing a new one since the new screen allows me to orient the buttons horizontally.  In the meantime I’ll get everything built up on the bench.  I saw that someone had can bus working in android so that’s one area that I’ll really be working on getting setup.  Not to mention all the great things I can do with those gpio’s.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

that_kid..

detail on where you ordered everything from.. Interested in this as well

that_kid
    Participant

I got everything but the x300 expansion board from http://ameridroid.com/ , I purchased the x300 from amazon.  Ameridroid is the authorized US retailer and the only big price markup was on the emmc and that wasn’t very much.

that_kid
    Participant

All my parts are here.  I’m in the process of making a backup of my Nexus 7 2013 so I can move all my apps over to the Odroid.  So far the Odroid seems very snappy, I’ll be able to report back more once I get all the apps installed.  Time for me to start learning more about Android programming.  I may be able to either fully replace my need for the Arduino I’m using as the front panel controls or at the very least minimize what I need the Arduino to do.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome.

If the Odroid can replace the Arduino and everything else works, that may be the direction to head in…

idorel77
    Participant

@that_kid tell me if you can install autosense. And i wait your opinion after you install all you need.
    The board is not perfect but have potential and nice support.

that_kid
    Participant

@idorel77 Yes I was able to install Autosense.  I had issues restoring Autosense from my titanium backup but I was able to restore the add data just fine once I install Autosense from the apk.  I updated the su binaries which help fix some of the issues I was having with restoring things from Titanium backup.  So far I’m very impressed with the Odroid’s performance.  A couple things I had to work through

1. Odroid kept booting with 1080p resolution while connected to the Odroid vu7+ even though I had the resolution set in the boot.ini (resolution – you need a space in front of the setenv dvimode “1024X600p60hz” command.
    2. Was able to browse media on my usb ssd stick but Autosense and other apps wasn’t scanning the media directory. (resolution – install stick mount)

I’ve been looking through the HK forums and I think this will be a very good option going forward.  There are still things I need to work on like adding can bus but someone has socketcan working on the c1 so getting that working on the c2 should be very possible.  I haven’t tried the sata port of the X300 yet but wifi works great along with the optical digital out.  I still have to try my usb gps and see how that works out.  I was able to pair my bluetooth gps but couldn’t get any signals in the basement.

The vu7+ is nice, the backlight is a tad bright but I haven’t tried it in the car to compare it to the Nexus 7.  I was able to modify the vu7+ to control the backlight, now I have to learn some android programming and get all these things integrated.

idorel77
    Participant

Than is very strange why i can’t install autosense. Downloaded many times , try it with fresh install , 2 boards , 3 os’s ….

For resolution try to use odroid utility.

For gps you should edit build.prop .

that_kid
    Participant

Wow that’s strange that you can’t install autosense, what errors do you get?  I updated to the latest android build before installing anything, then I installed the Google apps then everything else.  I tried using the odroid utility but it didn’t work.  That’s one of the reasons it took me a while to get things going because all the instructions said that the latest builds had everything built in and also the odroid utility could also make the changes but it didn’t in my case.  I wonder if I should’ve just used the odroid utility and not even edit the ini file.

idorel77
    Participant

Normal install, i have no error just *Not intalled*
    with adb install:
    192-168-0-104:Odroid dorel$ adb install Autosense-nightly-armv7.apk
    7905 KB/s (5533486 bytes in 0.683s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/Autosense-nightly-armv7.apk
    Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]
    —-
    For me working with odroid utility.

that_kid
    Participant

That’s very interesting.  FWIW I have the stable version installed but i was able to install the nightly version too.  The dev version crashed when I tried to use my existing app data but worked when I clear the app data allowed the app to create database.  I’ll install the latest night again now that I have the stable version all setup and see if I get any issues.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have the feeling it’s gapps.  I don’t have any proof to back it up, but the missing library points me to gapps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.