Problem Getting to App Settings

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Problem Getting to App Settings

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’m curious if you had a chance to try the new version and if it worked or not.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Yea, that fixed it. I can now get to the settings. Cool!

I haven’t had a lot of time to play with it but when I click on arduino in settings it sends me back to “Complete action using”. I choose autosense and then always and it just sends me back to the app home screen. I cant get to any options for the Due.

Like I said I haven’t had a lot of time to play with and it may be something on my part. I’ll mess with it some more tonight.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I don’t think I’m seeing a way to add apps to the center section either.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome. AutoSense hasn’t been very well tested on devices that don’t have Bluetooth. So if you’re having any issues I’m guessing that will be the likely problem. If you’re getting the “Complete Action Using” dialog it means the app crashed. I see your Arduino problem is once again Bluetooth related. I have the crash report and I see the problem. In fact it’s code that isn’t supposed to be there. I’ll do a quick search through the entire project and hopefully find any referecnes to Bluetooth that need to be fixed.

So as long as your device has an Internet connection I’ll get the report and will fix it ASAP. But if you want to reply here or start a new thread that’s cool too.

As for setting the apps, under Settings click on Appearance, then Home Screen, then Setup Home Screen. You’ll be given a dialog that shows the buttons, from there you can configure them to your liking.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

This is cool!

I played with it for about an hour this afternoon. I like the options and how things are laid out. Very nice!

Looking forward to playing with the arduino side!

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m glad you got it working. The Arduino portion won’t work well without the EEPROM, or the not yet released Shield. It will work, but all configuration will be lost on reboot.
    And as you can tell, I’m working on the code a lot, so things change and improve all the time. But with the Arduino I can’t just push an update that downloads automatically, you need to manually update it, so I tend to push those less often. But with the shield coming out there is a LOT of new stuff in that side of the code so expect to see more updates on the Arduino front too.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

So I’m curious if you had a chance to try the new version and if it worked or not.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

Yea, that fixed it. I can now get to the settings. Cool!

I haven’t had a lot of time to play with it but when I click on arduino in settings it sends me back to “Complete action using”. I choose autosense and then always and it just sends me back to the app home screen. I cant get to any options for the Due.

Like I said I haven’t had a lot of time to play with and it may be something on my part. I’ll mess with it some more tonight.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

I don’t think I’m seeing a way to add apps to the center section either.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome. AutoSense hasn’t been very well tested on devices that don’t have Bluetooth. So if you’re having any issues I’m guessing that will be the likely problem. If you’re getting the “Complete Action Using” dialog it means the app crashed. I see your Arduino problem is once again Bluetooth related. I have the crash report and I see the problem. In fact it’s code that isn’t supposed to be there. I’ll do a quick search through the entire project and hopefully find any referecnes to Bluetooth that need to be fixed.

So as long as your device has an Internet connection I’ll get the report and will fix it ASAP. But if you want to reply here or start a new thread that’s cool too.

As for setting the apps, under Settings click on Appearance, then Home Screen, then Setup Home Screen. You’ll be given a dialog that shows the buttons, from there you can configure them to your liking.

Profile photo of dmh
    dmh
    Participant

This is cool!

I played with it for about an hour this afternoon. I like the options and how things are laid out. Very nice!

Looking forward to playing with the arduino side!

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’m glad you got it working. The Arduino portion won’t work well without the EEPROM, or the not yet released Shield. It will work, but all configuration will be lost on reboot.
    And as you can tell, I’m working on the code a lot, so things change and improve all the time. But with the Arduino I can’t just push an update that downloads automatically, you need to manually update it, so I tend to push those less often. But with the shield coming out there is a LOT of new stuff in that side of the code so expect to see more updates on the Arduino front too.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.