Radxa

Home Forums Hardware Other Radxa

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

One of our forum members, rob.1bmf, has an Radxa Pro board.
    From what I can tell it looks like a sweet little board. It supports Android 4.4.2 and seems to have good ongoing support. I’m not sure of the performance, but it’s a decently powerful chip.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I wonder if the Chalkboard screen is just plug and play with most android or do drivers need to be written? Their website mentions working with HDMI Android Sticks.. That would be a nice solution too

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have one of their screens. It’s plug and play for single touch, but needs drivers for multi touch.

Profile photo of rob.1bmf
    rob.1bmf
    Participant

I have not played with a touch screen on mine yet im looking for a 9″ to fit in my dash as for the radxa rock pro looks good so far
    Eric I was wondering if the arduino mega will work instead of the uno

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

There’s no technical reason the mega won’t work, but I don’t have one, and have not compiled the firmware for the mega, and the Uno firmware won’t work directly.
    I will have to make some changes to the firmware code to work, but I can add it to my todo

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I have one of their screens. It’s plug and play for single touch, but needs drivers for multi touch.

Hi Eric ,
    i bay it this touch , is on the way….
    For multi touch

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve yet to try the multi touch. Udoo just pushed an update for their Android software. I’m hoping to try it out soon and attempt to get multi touch working, and hopefully it works better than the old version.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

One of our forum members, rob.1bmf, has an Radxa Pro board.
    From what I can tell it looks like a sweet little board. It supports Android 4.4.2 and seems to have good ongoing support. I’m not sure of the performance, but it’s a decently powerful chip.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I wonder if the Chalkboard screen is just plug and play with most android or do drivers need to be written? Their website mentions working with HDMI Android Sticks.. That would be a nice solution too

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of rob.1bmf
    rob.1bmf
    Participant

I have not played with a touch screen on mine yet im looking for a 9″ to fit in my dash as for the radxa rock pro looks good so far
    Eric I was wondering if the arduino mega will work instead of the uno

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

There’s no technical reason the mega won’t work, but I don’t have one, and have not compiled the firmware for the mega, and the Uno firmware won’t work directly.
    I will have to make some changes to the firmware code to work, but I can add it to my todo

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Hi Eric ,
    i bay it this touch , is on the way….
    For multi touch

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve yet to try the multi touch. Udoo just pushed an update for their Android software. I’m hoping to try it out soon and attempt to get multi touch working, and hopefully it works better than the old version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.