Recent progress

Home Forums Autosense General Discussion Recent progress

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of that_kid that_kid 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

I just wanted to post a progress update.  During christmas and new years things kinda slowed down, but now I’ve picked things up again.  I’ve been working on the editor for button actions.  This will be used to configure extra things to happen when buttons are pressed.  To begin with this will start with the on screen buttons as well as the shield inputs.

For example, you configure a button on the home screen to open the HD radio, and you want to change an audio source (like with the Newsmy devices).  You would first setup the HD Radio button like normal, and then in the I/O Config page under Actions (naming may still change…) you’d choose your recently added HD Radio button and add a broadcast intent action, then fill in the intent data.  Now when you click on the HD Radio button it will send the broadcast as well as start the radio.

This will be applicable for every button available.  You can configure buttons so when any button of a certain type is pressed (say you have multiple music buttons) each of them will have the same actions.  Or you can have specific buttons have their own actions.

I am trying to find wording and stuff that makes things as clear as can be, and that’s been difficult, but it’s coming along.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

have a couple of screen shots of the pages? maybe we can help offer naming suggestions

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea.  Here is what I’ve got so far.

•  Start with Actions

• You’ll be given three options, System Buttons, Your Buttons, and Shield Buttons

• System Buttons will give you a list of all available buttons.  If you configure one of them, say Music, every instance of the Music button will display the configured behaviour (say launch intent)

• Your Buttons will show buttons you’ve configured.  These are buttons on the home screen and when configured only that single button will display the behaviour

• Shield Inputs will configure individual inputs to have the same options

That’s what I have so far.

When you select your button, you’ll be shown Action categories (System, Music, Shield Outputs, etc…) and be able to select any number of actions to happen when triggered.

This will allow one button to do many things, such as in launch an app, set output, and change volume all at once.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Looks good.. but I am thinking ‘Custom Buttons’ instead of ‘Your Buttons’

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying to come up with a short, yet descriptive name.

For “System Buttons” I want to portray that it’s every instance of that button.  And for “Your Buttons” maybe “Individual Buttons” or something.  Something that says it’s only the single instance that will execute the code.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

how is it going? asking just to ask.. not looking for any new code.. been too cold to work in the garage, although I need to test a audio device soon

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Conversation is good, keeps things interesting around here 😉

This week has been pretty slow due to some family issues.  However I went out to the garage for the first time in about 6 months.  I was off work from September to December from a head injury, I’m now back at work full time so that’s slowing down my progress too.  But it was nice to get back turning wrenches.

I plan on going out there Monday nights to continue work.  Next Monday I plan on putting my transmission back in.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

I just want to say that my lack of updates lately has been because there is some personal stuff happening right now.  I’m trying to make progress but with everything else going on it’s been slow going.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

No worries here

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

No problem, handle what’s important we’ll still be here.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

I just wanted to post a progress update.  During christmas and new years things kinda slowed down, but now I’ve picked things up again.  I’ve been working on the editor for button actions.  This will be used to configure extra things to happen when buttons are pressed.  To begin with this will start with the on screen buttons as well as the shield inputs.

For example, you configure a button on the home screen to open the HD radio, and you want to change an audio source (like with the Newsmy devices).  You would first setup the HD Radio button like normal, and then in the I/O Config page under Actions (naming may still change…) you’d choose your recently added HD Radio button and add a broadcast intent action, then fill in the intent data.  Now when you click on the HD Radio button it will send the broadcast as well as start the radio.

This will be applicable for every button available.  You can configure buttons so when any button of a certain type is pressed (say you have multiple music buttons) each of them will have the same actions.  Or you can have specific buttons have their own actions.

I am trying to find wording and stuff that makes things as clear as can be, and that’s been difficult, but it’s coming along.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

have a couple of screen shots of the pages? maybe we can help offer naming suggestions

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s a good idea.  Here is what I’ve got so far.

•  Start with Actions

• You’ll be given three options, System Buttons, Your Buttons, and Shield Buttons

• System Buttons will give you a list of all available buttons.  If you configure one of them, say Music, every instance of the Music button will display the configured behaviour (say launch intent)

• Your Buttons will show buttons you’ve configured.  These are buttons on the home screen and when configured only that single button will display the behaviour

• Shield Inputs will configure individual inputs to have the same options

That’s what I have so far.

When you select your button, you’ll be shown Action categories (System, Music, Shield Outputs, etc…) and be able to select any number of actions to happen when triggered.

This will allow one button to do many things, such as in launch an app, set output, and change volume all at once.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Looks good.. but I am thinking ‘Custom Buttons’ instead of ‘Your Buttons’

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying to come up with a short, yet descriptive name.

For “System Buttons” I want to portray that it’s every instance of that button.  And for “Your Buttons” maybe “Individual Buttons” or something.  Something that says it’s only the single instance that will execute the code.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

how is it going? asking just to ask.. not looking for any new code.. been too cold to work in the garage, although I need to test a audio device soon

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Conversation is good, keeps things interesting around here 😉

This week has been pretty slow due to some family issues.  However I went out to the garage for the first time in about 6 months.  I was off work from September to December from a head injury, I’m now back at work full time so that’s slowing down my progress too.  But it was nice to get back turning wrenches.

I plan on going out there Monday nights to continue work.  Next Monday I plan on putting my transmission back in.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hey guys

I just want to say that my lack of updates lately has been because there is some personal stuff happening right now.  I’m trying to make progress but with everything else going on it’s been slow going.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

No worries here

Profile photo of that_kid
    that_kid
    Participant

No problem, handle what’s important we’ll still be here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.