serial gps

Home Forums Hardware UDOO serial gps

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

Hello,
    anybody knows how to connect a serial gps, this gps http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/pe_cc_i6.htm
    on udoo board and working on android.

I want to use in this project on udoo quad with android.

I need to kn

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

In order to use an external GPS module with UDOO and Android you will need a helper application. This application takes the serial data in, and parses it to a format the Android can understand using the Mock Location Provider.
    Unfortunately you can’t jus

idorel77
    Participant

Thanks Eric,
    You know where i can find that aplication? can i find one?

But if i use USB to TTL converter , this can works?

I have 2 big steps for use this board in my car. The touchscreen (egalax driver) and gps.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I haven’t used this but something [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agbooth.usbgps&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dandroid+usb+gps+dongle&pcampaignid=APPU_cj0XVK7x

idorel77
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    if i find a tutorial and program to connect uart gps on arduino due part , then, can i find my gps on android to , or i need another program for android also?

I think i can find ”how to connect gps uart on anduino due” but it’s share on androi

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have a UART GPS module, and have hooked up it to Arduino. I have not finished the code to send to Android though. When you install Autosense, one of the permissions asked for is Mock Location Provider. This is what I’ve used to get the data into the

idorel77
    Participant

Ok, Thanks a lot.

• Author
    idorel77
    Participant

Hello,
    anybody knows how to connect a serial gps, this gps http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/pe_cc_i6.htm
    on udoo board and working on android.

I want to use in this project on udoo quad with android.

I need to kn

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

In order to use an external GPS module with UDOO and Android you will need a helper application. This application takes the serial data in, and parses it to a format the Android can understand using the Mock Location Provider.
    Unfortunately you can’t jus

idorel77
    Participant

Thanks Eric,
    You know where i can find that aplication? can i find one?

But if i use USB to TTL converter , this can works?

I have 2 big steps for use this board in my car. The touchscreen (egalax driver) and gps.

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I haven’t used this but something [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agbooth.usbgps&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dandroid+usb+gps+dongle&pcampaignid=APPU_cj0XVK7x

idorel77
    Participant

Hi Eric,
    if i find a tutorial and program to connect uart gps on arduino due part , then, can i find my gps on android to , or i need another program for android also?

I think i can find ”how to connect gps uart on anduino due” but it’s share on androi

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have a UART GPS module, and have hooked up it to Arduino. I have not finished the code to send to Android though. When you install Autosense, one of the permissions asked for is Mock Location Provider. This is what I’ve used to get the data into the

idorel77
    Participant

Ok, Thanks a lot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.