Shield is in the car

Home Forums Hardware AutoSense Shield Shield is in the car

This topic contains 43 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of -Jeff- -Jeff- 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes I have seen that a few times.. looks like communication works, but HDTuner is not responsive. Reset the USB will not fix it. it is almost like we need to use an output pin for the switch source for the tuner. Let the Shield control when the tuner gets switched 12v I will probably do that once you get outputs working..

Maybe once the shield is powered have a 15 sec ( or adjustable) delay to turn on the HDTuner..

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

Hello guys .

Jeff how did you make it the navigation menu like that? ūüôā Is the navigation from android or is some app?

Eric, today i will recive my c2 from odroid an i will try again your app.

I hope to have your app again in my car ūüôā

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

That Navigation menu is part of the Android Rom on my NU3001 Newsmy Radio. It is a custom ROM XDAuto.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok..

Got my Antenna Y cable installed, fix a couple loose wires and everything is back together. Now for some nice weather to test it all out

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Okay.. Shield and HDtuner not getting detected 1/2 the time.. resetting USB does not help (rooted) I honestly might go back to my non android stuff in the interim.. I dunno..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmm. I’m not exactly sure what to suggest. I need to do some digging to see what could be the problem. When you first plug in the Arduino it pops up asking to connect with a checkbox to do by default. Have you checked it? I found when troubleshooting to have it unckecked helps to show weather android is detecting the Arduino or not.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

remember, I always have it plugged in,..

I sent you  message with details..

I moved the Shield/ Arduino to the bench.. I see some of the same things, so I am guessing there is more work to do.. No worries, I have something working for now

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve fixed a few bugs with the latest version. ¬†All HD Tuner related. ¬†I’ve fixed a bug with the bass not working. ¬†I would suggest starting with it low, something like 25% and the treble at 75%. ¬†This seems to offer a pretty good sound. ¬†You can adjust the volume too. ¬†These three options really give you control over the sound.

Also fixed is the HD sub stations weren’t working. ¬†They work most of the time now. ¬†Sometimes they aren’t changing first try. ¬†I suspect it’s a timing issue. ¬†I’ve really tried to cut the delays down as much as possible, but it seems I may need to increase some of them. ¬†I’ll keep playing.

Now these bugs need both an Arduino flash and an AutoSense update.  Both of them have been pushed to the nightly channel.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Another thought for HD sub stations. the one app I have used that is a direct connection, if the station is HD, then HD+ and HD- tuning buttons appear to tune the different sub stations.

I will test out the updates this week,,

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s a really good idea. I’ll implement it soon.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I thought that might make things a bit easier..  these were in addition to the regular tuning on the screen.

Oh thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to make some updates

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think I’ll keep the existing buttons, but just change the text. ¬†I think that should be clear. ¬†So on regular analog stations the buttons will just say Tune-/Tune+, but if you’re on an HD station with a subchannel it can say Tune-/HD+, HD-/HD+, or HD-/Tune+

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve pushed another update. ¬†It’s to the button changes requested. ¬†Also fixed is sub channel auto tune. ¬†If you’ve tuned to a subchannel and turn the radio off, when you come back it should tune back to that sub channel automatically.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool.. I briefly tested the new code last night.. Hard to tell with the speakers I was using and will need to test it ¬†back in the car. ¬†I don’t get many stations with my set-up in the basement

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes I have seen that a few times.. looks like communication works, but HDTuner is not responsive. Reset the USB will not fix it. it is almost like we need to use an output pin for the switch source for the tuner. Let the Shield control when the tuner gets switched 12v I will probably do that once you get outputs working..

Maybe once the shield is powered have a 15 sec ( or adjustable) delay to turn on the HDTuner..

Profile photo of idorel77
    idorel77
    Participant

Hello guys .

Jeff how did you make it the navigation menu like that? ūüôā Is the navigation from android or is some app?

Eric, today i will recive my c2 from odroid an i will try again your app.

I hope to have your app again in my car ūüôā

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

That Navigation menu is part of the Android Rom on my NU3001 Newsmy Radio. It is a custom ROM XDAuto.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ok..

Got my Antenna Y cable installed, fix a couple loose wires and everything is back together. Now for some nice weather to test it all out

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Okay.. Shield and HDtuner not getting detected 1/2 the time.. resetting USB does not help (rooted) I honestly might go back to my non android stuff in the interim.. I dunno..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Hmmm. I’m not exactly sure what to suggest. I need to do some digging to see what could be the problem. When you first plug in the Arduino it pops up asking to connect with a checkbox to do by default. Have you checked it? I found when troubleshooting to have it unckecked helps to show weather android is detecting the Arduino or not.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

remember, I always have it plugged in,..

I sent you  message with details..

I moved the Shield/ Arduino to the bench.. I see some of the same things, so I am guessing there is more work to do.. No worries, I have something working for now

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve fixed a few bugs with the latest version. ¬†All HD Tuner related. ¬†I’ve fixed a bug with the bass not working. ¬†I would suggest starting with it low, something like 25% and the treble at 75%. ¬†This seems to offer a pretty good sound. ¬†You can adjust the volume too. ¬†These three options really give you control over the sound.

Also fixed is the HD sub stations weren’t working. ¬†They work most of the time now. ¬†Sometimes they aren’t changing first try. ¬†I suspect it’s a timing issue. ¬†I’ve really tried to cut the delays down as much as possible, but it seems I may need to increase some of them. ¬†I’ll keep playing.

Now these bugs need both an Arduino flash and an AutoSense update.  Both of them have been pushed to the nightly channel.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Another thought for HD sub stations. the one app I have used that is a direct connection, if the station is HD, then HD+ and HD- tuning buttons appear to tune the different sub stations.

I will test out the updates this week,,

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s a really good idea. I’ll implement it soon.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

I thought that might make things a bit easier..  these were in addition to the regular tuning on the screen.

Oh thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to make some updates

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I think I’ll keep the existing buttons, but just change the text. ¬†I think that should be clear. ¬†So on regular analog stations the buttons will just say Tune-/Tune+, but if you’re on an HD station with a subchannel it can say Tune-/HD+, HD-/HD+, or HD-/Tune+

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve pushed another update. ¬†It’s to the button changes requested. ¬†Also fixed is sub channel auto tune. ¬†If you’ve tuned to a subchannel and turn the radio off, when you come back it should tune back to that sub channel automatically.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Cool.. I briefly tested the new code last night.. Hard to tell with the speakers I was using and will need to test it ¬†back in the car. ¬†I don’t get many stations with my set-up in the basement

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.