Shield options questions

Home Forums Hardware AutoSense Shield Shield options questions

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

so from this options list:
    Just the basics (Power control and EEPROM)
    Audio Switch and Volume Control ($25.00)
    CANBUS ($15.00)
    HD Radio ($20.00)
    Temperature Sensor Connectors ($10.00)
    USB Device Connector ($15.00)
    Input Headers ($10.00)
    Output Headers ($30.00)

What does each one add? Example, HD radio what is added? are the input and outputs JUST Headers. Some details for each will help me to determine what I would like to add on

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Each option adds everything needed for that function. For example the HD radio. You get the serial converter, header and cable (length TBD). Io adds all the headers, MOSFETs, and related circuitry. I’ll add some more detailed info in a bit when I get back to the computer.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Thanks.. just wanted to confirm

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No problem. I updated the shop page a bit to hopefully be more clear.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Hey Eric,

trying to decide on what options I can use.. I have a question

USB connector to use the Arduino as a “Device” instead of an “Accessory”.

How will the DUE integrate in Device or Accessory mode. do you have some examples in each setting?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The USB connector I don’t think you’ll need. Also I’m trying to make it work without additional parts. It’s an additional USB connector with a FTDI chipset, one that I know works with Android. You will only need that option if you use something like a tablet that only has one USB port AND you want to hookup other devices, such as a hard drive or DAC.

Under normal circumstances you won’t need this option as you’ll be using Accessory Mode, NOT Device Mode. If I can get the USB device mode working with the built on chips, I’ll remove this option completely.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So I think I have decided on my set-up for the shield. Since the audio from my android box is sent to the radio box VIA firewire, I don’t want to mess with it. I also have an option for an AUX in ( which I need to build a tasker task to test the intent)

Anyway here is my planned shield

HD Radio ($20.00)
    Input Headers ($10.00)
    Output Headers ($30.00)

Eric, If there is some way of adding a custom intent for the HD tuner for me I can use that to switch to the correct audio when I select the tuner..

Thanks for your ‘extra’ help getting this to fit in on my Newsmy

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s the config I thought you’d get 🙂
    As for the intent, that’s a good idea, I will see what I can do to add an option for when configuring your buttons to add intents. So for example, you create an HD Radio button, add an intent to change the source, listen to the radio for a while… when you click on your internal music button, it could have an intent to change back to the original source.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes that sounds like it would work perfect. Also let me know if you find anything with the other intents.. looking forward to trying that again

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

After you enable the custom intense, and add them in the settings, when you press the volume keys are you getting a message saying invalid intent? Or is the app crashing? Where is absolutely nothing happening?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Thought I sent you a PM, but I get he Toast message for Invalid Intent

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. Since I don’t have that device I am stuck trying different things and hoping they work. So before I go changing code around, I want to ensure you typed those exactly as shown here. Capitals and everything.
    If that is a solid “yes, that’s what I did”, then I’ll try something else. I have a couple of ideas, and what I can do is make the volume up, down and mute all act slightly different, then get you to add the exact same intent for all three, and let me know if any of them work.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes that is what I did.. Here are some screen shots:

null

Below is the example error flag

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome, I’ll put some options in the next nightly for you to try.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

are these in the current nightly? (Oct 11)

If not no big deal.. if they are I will go try them

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

so from this options list:
    Audio Switch and Volume Control ($25.00)
    CANBUS ($15.00)
    HD Radio ($20.00)
    USB Device Connector ($15.00)
    Input Headers ($10.00)
    Output Headers ($30.00)

What does each one add? Example, HD radio what is added? are the input and outputs JUST Headers. Some details for each will help me to determine what I would like to add on

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Each option adds everything needed for that function. For example the HD radio. You get the serial converter, header and cable (length TBD). Io adds all the headers, MOSFETs, and related circuitry. I’ll add some more detailed info in a bit when I get back to the computer.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Thanks.. just wanted to confirm

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

No problem. I updated the shop page a bit to hopefully be more clear.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Hey Eric,

trying to decide on what options I can use.. I have a question

USB connector to use the Arduino as a “Device” instead of an “Accessory”.

How will the DUE integrate in Device or Accessory mode. do you have some examples in each setting?

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The USB connector I don’t think you’ll need. Also I’m trying to make it work without additional parts. It’s an additional USB connector with a FTDI chipset, one that I know works with Android. You will only need that option if you use something like a tablet that only has one USB port AND you want to hookup other devices, such as a hard drive or DAC.

Under normal circumstances you won’t need this option as you’ll be using Accessory Mode, NOT Device Mode. If I can get the USB device mode working with the built on chips, I’ll remove this option completely.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

So I think I have decided on my set-up for the shield. Since the audio from my android box is sent to the radio box VIA firewire, I don’t want to mess with it. I also have an option for an AUX in ( which I need to build a tasker task to test the intent)

Anyway here is my planned shield

HD Radio ($20.00)
    Input Headers ($10.00)
    Output Headers ($30.00)

Eric, If there is some way of adding a custom intent for the HD tuner for me I can use that to switch to the correct audio when I select the tuner..

Thanks for your ‘extra’ help getting this to fit in on my Newsmy

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

That’s the config I thought you’d get 🙂
    As for the intent, that’s a good idea, I will see what I can do to add an option for when configuring your buttons to add intents. So for example, you create an HD Radio button, add an intent to change the source, listen to the radio for a while… when you click on your internal music button, it could have an intent to change back to the original source.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes that sounds like it would work perfect. Also let me know if you find anything with the other intents.. looking forward to trying that again

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

After you enable the custom intense, and add them in the settings, when you press the volume keys are you getting a message saying invalid intent? Or is the app crashing? Where is absolutely nothing happening?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Thought I sent you a PM, but I get he Toast message for Invalid Intent

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

OK. Since I don’t have that device I am stuck trying different things and hoping they work. So before I go changing code around, I want to ensure you typed those exactly as shown here. Capitals and everything.
    If that is a solid “yes, that’s what I did”, then I’ll try something else. I have a couple of ideas, and what I can do is make the volume up, down and mute all act slightly different, then get you to add the exact same intent for all three, and let me know if any of them work.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Yes that is what I did.. Here are some screen shots:

null

Below is the example error flag

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Awesome, I’ll put some options in the next nightly for you to try.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

are these in the current nightly? (Oct 11)

If not no big deal.. if they are I will go try them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.