Temperature sensor

Home Forums Software Suggestions Temperature sensor

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eric Eric 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

this might be a good sensor to use.. Especiallyf or outside of the car, it is waterproof:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11050

Example with notes

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nice find. That should be fairly simple to use. I’ll get one next time I place a Sparkfun order

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah, sensors are great. Collect all the info!

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve bought this sensor and have it working on my test rig. Currently I’ve only tested it with my Due, but see no reason it won’t work with the Uno.
    You can plug it into any pin and configure it in Autosense and the data starts arriving. Next I plan o

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ordered the Sensors today (5 actually).. Looking forward to these and the EEPROM

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Next I plan on making the notification bar temperatures configurable to which sensors you have hooked up.

This will be nice as well..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I have planned on only having two displays, inside and outside. Are you wanting more? Or did you just order more to have them?

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I have planned on only having two displays, inside and outside. Are you wanting more? Or did you just order more to have them?

$9 for 5. plus I want to use at least 2 for another project.. I plan on 2

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve added the ability to add an analog temperature sensor too, since I’ve got a couple. They aren’t as accurate from my findings, and the math varies between sensors. So it’s kinda hit and miss for ones that work. The digital ones are much better.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I’ve added the ability to add an analog temperature sensor too, since I’ve got a couple. They aren’t as accurate from my findings, and the math varies between sensors. So it’s kinda hit and miss for ones that work. The

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The ones I have are from Seeedstudio. The math they suggested gives me the wrong result, so I’ve adjusted it to where it matches my oth

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

The ones I have are from Seeedstudio. The math they suggested gives me the wrong result, so I’ve adjus

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The sparkfun ones you posted work great.

• Author
    Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Eric,

this might be a good sensor to use.. Especiallyf or outside of the car, it is waterproof:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11050

Example with notes

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Nice find. That should be fairly simple to use. I’ll get one next time I place a Sparkfun order

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Yeah, sensors are great. Collect all the info!

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve bought this sensor and have it working on my test rig. Currently I’ve only tested it with my Due, but see no reason it won’t work with the Uno.
    You can plug it into any pin and configure it in Autosense and the data starts arriving. Next I plan o

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

Ordered the Sensors today (5 actually).. Looking forward to these and the EEPROM

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

Next I plan on making the notification bar temperatures configurable to which sensors you have hooked up.

This will be nice as well..

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

$9 for 5. plus I want to use at least 2 for another project.. I plan on 2

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

I’ve added the ability to add an analog temperature sensor too, since I’ve got a couple. They aren’t as accurate from my findings, and the math varies between sensors. So it’s kinda hit and miss for ones that work. The digital ones are much better.

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

I’ve added the ability to add an analog temperature sensor too, since I’ve got a couple. They aren’t as accurate from my findings, and the math varies between sensors. So it’s kinda hit and miss for ones that work. The

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The ones I have are from Seeedstudio. The math they suggested gives me the wrong result, so I’ve adjusted it to where it matches my oth

Profile photo of -Jeff-
    -Jeff-
    Participant

@eric wrote:

The ones I have are from Seeedstudio. The math they suggested gives me the wrong result, so I’ve adjus

Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Keymaster

The sparkfun ones you posted work great.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.